Why new metal frame versions of polymer pistols ?

I know this comment adds nothing of value, but I think the MnP metal 2.0 just looks BA. Not very legitimate reasoning to own one, but... you know what? Never mind. We all know that the cooler your gun looks the better it performs in RL (that REAL LIFE for you fuds who can't read contemporary American). Don't believe me? Well, let me ask you this- have you ever played COD? That's 'Call of Duty', fuds, and let it be known- adding a can opener to your handguard adds a 10% accuracy bonus. And if you chop that 308 barrel down to 5 inches and wrap the whole thing in grippy tape, not only do you sprint 20% faster, you also gain a whopping 25% increase in stability at greater ranges! Which makes me wonder why we ever used silly weapons like the BAR and Garrand in World War Two. It's too bad activision wasn't around back then to set things straight.
Thank you.
I'll see myself back under my bridge.

I don't like plastic or polymer or whatever you want to call it to keep it from sounding cheap and I refuse to own one. That goes for striker fired and DA pistols too.

I've carried a P3AT for years now, I have no emotional attachment for it, it's just a tool, like a staple gun or ball point pen. There are two reasons why I carry it instead of even a small steel framed pistol. It's light and small so I am not conscious of it's weight, and the second reason is because I don't care if it corrodes or falls out of my pocket and over a thousand foot high cliff, or to the pavement where it gets run over by a truck.

I also own several dozen Steel framed pistols which I treasure as products of great interest, and which could be useable for hundreds of years if carefully kept.

If the tyrannical marxist despots ever try to take my guns I'll hand over the plastic one, but the rest they'll have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to find and steal.

The terms polymer and plastic are not the same. Plastic is a specific type of polymer comprised of a long chain of polymers. Polymers, on the other hand, are made up of uniform molecules that are smaller than plastic molecules

Uh, no.

Apart from the heavy guns swing well in competition fashion I mentioned before, in my opinion it is purely commercial, people spent their gun money on repulsing Covid Zombies and the manufacturers are scratching hard to find something Longer, Lower, and Wider to sell.

I don't feel a need for a metal version of my S&W Plastic M&P. I preferred the Walther PPQ Match to the SF, I do not like the feel in hand of the S&W CSX, and I do not see the point of the Wilson Solid Frame... except as a search for a market niche.

Uh, no.

Apart from the heavy guns swing well in competition fashion I mentioned before, in my opinion it is purely commercial, people spent their gun money on repulsing Covid Zombies and the manufacturers are scratching hard to find something Longer, Lower, and Wider to sell.

I don't feel a need for a metal version of my S&W Plastic M&P. I preferred the Walther PPQ Match to the SF, I do not like the feel in hand of the S&W CSX, and I do not see the point of the Wilson Solid Frame... except as a search for a market niche.
Fortunately, some of us still have the metal version of S&W's current M&P pistols. And what I find most interesting is just a little change there is between then and now. The dimensions and control placement are almost identical. There are single stack and double stack versions where about the only real difference is whether you push the thumb safety forward or swipe the thumb safety down.

True, you can order the new ones without a safety which you couldn't do in the Wonder Nine era.

True, the polymer framed models are lighter than the all steel Wonder Nines but only about 3 ounces lighter than the alloy framed Wonder Nines.

True, the new ones are mostly striker fired while the Wonder Nines were hammer fired.

But only the weight difference between the polymer framed ones of today and the all steel Wonder Nines is really a big difference.

My Shield 9mm 2.0 on top of my 469 with the top of the slides and the backstrap aligned:
attachment.php

My 469 in my kydex IWB holster for my Shield 45. It actually snaps in place just like the Shield.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Cx-right.jpg
    Cx-right.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 103
Back