Why is the NRA so quiet….

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care about NY.

My last issue of "American Rifleman" (August, 2012) had 90% great tech on guns.

Yes, it had some editorials from the NRA. It still has ~3 million members.
-----
So, I think the negative stuff is paid for by Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden to discredit long term NRA members!

There is not one thing that has ever been proved in a fair Court Of Law.

Did you guys get paid by Nancy Pelosi to discredit us 3 million members? What did they pay you?

Porsche911 said:
There is not one thing that has ever been proved in a fair Court Of Law.
Has the NY case been to trial yet?

Did you guys get paid by Nancy Pelosi to discredit us 3 million members? What did they pay you?
You don't have to agree, but many NRA members (current and past) are sick and tired of LaPierre's depredations and want him and his lackeys gone. Nancy Pelosi is not paying us, and I take offense at the suggestion. The fact that some of us don't share your views does not give you justification or the right to denigrate our sincerely held beliefs.

OK, some NRA members are upset. Show me one group of 3M members that doesn't agree with all members?

You say you are upset with some leadership that have gone beyond their positions? I agree.

This is not a time to send the 3M member NRA from it's 150 Years of Leadership to a slow death unless you have another motive?

Is it your goal to destroy the entire Gun Lobby?

Do you have a real solution to take over the NRA or to form a new organization which you are in charge?

Just asking?
[I knew Pelosi probaly didn't pay you.]

Porsche 911
I think you'll find no enemies of the NRA tradition here. As Aguila said,your comments are off and offensive.

I fail to see the relevance of 3M. What are you talking about?

The NRA is like a fine Old American Veteran Patriot . Good guy!! Sadly suffering from lung cancer. Among the tumors is LaPierre. There are malignancies through the organization.

Nothing is being done to reduce the cancer.

Sending money,renewing memberships is like providing cartons of Camel Straights. We are saying "No!" to that.

The greatest hope for the renewal of the NRA would be for LaPierre and Company to have the same epiphany that Cuomo did.

It ain't working.

Last edited:
This site allows no quotes.

I fail to see the relevance of 3M. What are you talking about?

I am talking about the current 3,000,000 members, so 3M.

We must calm down and not argue with each other as Nancy will pay more money to the trolls.

About the move to Texas, the bankruptcy, etc??????

Asking for a friend.
IMO, NRA is worthless until W.L. is fired. I think there is a good chance W.L. ends up in prison, and probably rightly so. I am still a member, but I feel GOA does more with less right now.
Keep in mind, that's all IMO.

IMO, NRA is worthless until W.L. is fired. I think there is a good chance W.L. ends up in prison, and probably rightly so.

You are all upset because of one guy?

Joseph P. DeBergalis, Jr says in his column (p.77) that we have "150 Years Of Excellence"
He goes on to say "The National Rifle Association is the Primary Guardian of America's Second Amendment Heritage".

I am 100% for the NRA and 0% for Nancy.

You are all upset because of one guy?

He is the head of the beast. That is a good place to start.

Joseph P. DeBergalis, Jr says in his column (p.77) that we have "150 Years Of Excellence"
He goes on to say "The National Rifle Association is the Primary Guardian of America's Second Amendment Heritage".

I am sure DeBergalis has totally unbiased opinion on the NRA. He has been extremely well paid by the NRA. In 2017, he was making over $412k a year from them. https://paddockpost.com/2019/09/14/executive-compensation-at-the-nra-2017/

There is nothing wrong with a high income. I've earned it in commissions from a very low beginning.

A guy starts low and moves forward due to earned success. It never will last long since some young dude will replace me with a better plan.

You guys are talking like we need to go to Communism where all guys make the same money. You probably voted for Bernie Sanders?

This will never work well: I'd take a guaranteed wage over the working wage.

Porsche911 said:
Is it your goal to destroy the entire Gun Lobby?
NRA members advocating for the NRA to clean up its act is hardly seeking "to destroy the entire Gun Lobby." IMHO, it's being a responsible member.

Porsche911 said:
We must calm down and not argue with each other as Nancy will pay more money to the trolls.
I fail to see how your calling those who disagree with you names in any way promotes calm or reduces arguments.

There is nothing wrong with a high income. I've earned it in commissions from a very low beginning.

A guy starts low and moves forward due to earned success. It never will last long since some young dude will replace me with a better plan.

You guys are talking like we need to go to Communism where all guys make the same money. You probably voted for Bernie Sanders?

No, nothing wrong with great wages, but that most definitely casts doubt on the credibility of his assessment of the NRA. I would totally expect a high paid person who wanted to keep their high pay and cushy benefits to be among the loudest of cheerleaders for the org. I fully expect him to gloss over NRA shortcomings, which he did.

You've encapsulated the NRA's attitude perfectly, I'll give you credit for that much.

Nothing says 'know your audience' like someone with a couple of dozen posts accusing people who have been active in the firearms community for a couple of decades of being lead by Nancy Pelosi.

Gotta wonder if this is the NRA's new 'community outreach' program? Send out people to troll anyone that bashes the NRA leadership.

I'm still a member of the NRA, but mostly because they has such frequent membership campaigns that I re-upped through 2024 without realizing it. Anyway I looked around and have joined to IL organization. The Illinois Rifle Association and Guns Save Lives. Both look after my 2nd amendment rights here in IL.

Life is good.

Prof Young
I have mixed opinions about the ISRA but definitely a higher opinion than the NRA. We don't have a lot of allies here in IL.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

We don't have a lot of allies here in IL.

I came out of Chi town originally. (haven't live there in over 40 years now) It always was violent even back in the day, some only think it's more recent because we have the internet and 24/7 news.

As an example in 1974 in one day alone 3 cops were killed, barely made the newspaper. Problem is that dump has far to much influence over the rest of the State and it's like that in every major dump in America from Los Angles to Seattle to New York city, Detroit etc., etc., etc.

And we all know what the problem is.

I came out of Chi town originally. (haven't live there in over 40 years now) It always was violent even back in the day, some only think it's more recent because we have the internet and 24/7 news.

As an example in 1974 in one day alone 3 cops were killed, barely made the newspaper.

Problem is that dump has far to much influence over the rest of the State and it's like that in every major dump in America from Los Angles to Seattle to New York city, Detroit etc., etc., etc.

And we all know what the problem is.
I am glad that I live outside the Chicago area but it spoils the rest of the state.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I wish to counter your point.
You are certainly free to take any position you choose regarding support of the NRA. You are free to express that position.
I resent your personal attack on those who are not in lock step with you.

Porsche,your premise, that opposition to LaPierre and Co ,equates to supporting Pelosi and Co, is False.

Not only is it false,your use of it reveals a lot about you. Can you offer data to support your claim? Have you conducted polls? I have not,but I'm not posting your groundless claim.
Of the people I know who believe LaPierre is a detriment to the NRA.I don't believe I could find any Pelosi supporters.

Of the possible scenarios,one is that you jumped to a flawed conclusion based on a lack of good information...otherwise known as ignorance.
It is possible you are ignorant. "Ignorance is no excuse". Perhaps flaunting your Porsche 911 has left you out of touch,isolated.
You might post a poll,and ask. "If you oppose LP,do you support NP?"

The results,IMO,would remedy your ignorance.

Or,it could be you already know your premise is false,and you express falsehood anyway, as it suits your narrative. People who willfully express falsehood are liars.

IMO,liars are a step down from the ignorant. Ignorance is correctable with Truth. Liars have no regard for truth.

There are subtle shades,of course. Like Narcissism and sociopathy.

Support LP all you want. If you accuse me of supporting Pelosi,you are ignorant or a liar at best.

Since we are now at the point of calling each other names rather than discussing the status of the NRA, I think it's time to close this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back