Why I Do NOT support CCW

Ipecac, very good sir! And if you will scan upwards on the thread you will see that I promote the Vermont interpretation enthusiastically. I say we cannot separate the resistance at this point and be successful. We both pay confiscatory taxes because the alternative is worse. I do not want to loose you as an ally to unjust restrictions on your RKBA. They exist. We must deal with them individually. I want you in the field not the county jail. Take the high road. You own it.

A BTW - Colorado provides for open carry but to do so quite likely will get you a talk with the blue man (or worse, in some places).

Larimer County's CCW specifically states that you may not carry exposed. Go figure.

It has been a lot of years ago, but I remember sitting in a bar on North Nevada when a patron walked up and handed the tender the magazine from his pistol. I was told that this was legal at the time and that the owner could claim his ammo on departure. Was this ever really the case? BTW the vision of Pikes Peak every dawn is something I miss much.

[This message has been edited by G-Freeman (edited December 19, 1999).]

This post shows me exactly why Civil Disobediance will not work. When we can't even agree amongst ourselves on whether it is right or wrong there is no way we can convince the opposition of that. Time to come up with a plan we can all agree on me thinks....

------------------
Like an animal locked up in a cage, through my inheritance I was born to rage.

To affirm a right it must be practiced. We let ourselves down by not carrying when crime was low. Anytime we fail to exercise a right, we take the chance of someone taking it away from us. I refuse to pay a CCL license fee, I feel like Dog3 I was granted this right by one thing, my birth. Right or wrong in the eyes of the law of the present day, I find it legal according to the law of the Land, the constitution.

If 80 million gun owners walked out today at 5p.m. and fired one round into the earth, would they arrest us all? If 80 million gun owners carried everyday, would they arrest us all?

------------------
They teach conformity, it equals servitude, and that leads to genocide based not on race but resistance,

Steve

Sorry dog3 the BOR does not enumerate your rights. The BOR serves to restrict the express powers granted to the fed gov. Second the BOR was not intended to apply to the states. It did not apply to the states until the 1940's when the S.Ct. used the 14th amend to make it apply to the states.

Back