WHY GLOCK? I DON'T UNDERSTAND.....SECOND ROUND!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the tigger doesn't have that sucky, really looonngg take up of the SIG, even in SA. Replace the connector and and polish the parts, and you have a trigger thats not a 1911, but has moderate take up and a pretty crisp, glass rod break with only a hint of initial sponginess.

To be fair, not all SIG 220 series feel the same, some I could tolerate, but most suck, and this is not a factor of model, but individual guns. I don't own one and this is a big reason why, not price. Additionally, the poor, minimally durable finishes on SIGs are also turnoffs. I've written SIG off, except for the 210s, overall quality be damned. If it has no appeal, spending more money will not convince me otherwise.

I really don't care for Glocks. I wonder why I own a 17, 20, 22, 24, and a 27? I own the 10mm because Glock is one of the few people still making one. As for the rest of them I need to have a Glockensale.

Hiker: If polygonally rifled barrels are cheaper to make than conventionally rifled barrels, why don't more manufacturers, especially the lower-end ones (Lorcin, Hi-Point, et cetera) use them? I honestly don't know; I'm curious.

There is no difference in the cost of Polygonal and conventional barrels. Its just a different tooling.
I would like to tell a short story about me and Glock. I was working with a Seal Team pretty close when one of their members brought the first two Glocks into the US. He come to the factory shortly after he got back and told me that he had made a deal with Glock for me. I would give Glock sole European distributorship of the McMillan sniper rifle for the exclusive distributorship of Glock in North America. My comment was he better resend the offer as I wouldn't want to be connected with the sale of a dam plastic gun. At the same time Glock got suspicious about a US Navy member making such an offer so they contacted the State Department to see if it was a valid offer. The Sailor got in trouble over it and I was glad the deal fell through. That just shows you how much I know!!
Gale McMillan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back