Why Glock/HK more durable than Sig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What really happened was Glock was not at the trials. Beretta did not outscore the Sig. Sig outscored the Beretta by the skin of its teeth er..., frame rails.

The Beretta won out, as suggested, because it met the requirements and was less expensive than Sig.

I've learned that every make has its strengths and weaknesses. I'm a former Sig Sauer "F"anatic. If it wasn't Sig--it wasn't! However, I now know this. Sig's are generally more accurate than the other makes (barely). Glock's model 17 is the most durable semi-auto made today.

Beretta has a superior trigger (to the Sig) and looks really cool. Beretta's also handle like you're holding a brick (for me) and I don't trust them entirely due to the exposed trigger transfer bar, slide failures and all.

HK's USP? Fired close to a dozen, and I think they handle worse than the Beretta (Brick syndrome: in my hands). HK has some excellent engineers, but they need to work on ergonomics some.

Finally, that Sig P226 I owned? Bought it in 1987 for $745. I carried it daily for over 8 years fired over 10,000 rounds. Had it refinished by Robar after 4 years. It was accurate, fed anything (including empty casings). Mine was very accurate in spite of its trigger.

I sold it six months ago for $550.00 including 5 hi-caps. Got rid of it because it was looser than a lady of the evening in Bangkok and I discovered the true superiority of single action designs.

Guys, these are all good weapons. You have to figure out what works best for YOU!! Research it then fire them all. Then pic the one that you can handle and trust the most.

Hate to butt in here, this thread is a little dated. Re: . . . "other than the US Military special forces, I have not heard any adoption of HK USP by major police agencies." The DEA just ordered 10,000 H&K USP .40 S&W compacts with six magazines each. If I remember correctly, during DEA's testing the H&K's mean rounds between failures (in the sample firearms) were 10,250 rnds. Not too shabby in my opinion. I believe I read this in G&A??? Shake

I love Sigs fit and finish, high quality and great workmanship my 229(357) and 226(40) have never jamed, granted they only have a few thousnd rounds through the pair. My Glocks' have a little more use 20k on 17 and 5k on new style 21. not a single broke part and still shoot super tight groups barely show any wear, Sigs show wear mostly due to there tight fit. I don't think the aluminum frames in any gun can can hold up as good as the plastic frame guns. but I still like those Sigs. I also think they have the best trigger pull out of the box for a true double action pistol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back