why can't hollywood research guns like they do everything else??

Wow Labgrade, it seems you have spent a lot of time watching really crappy movies. I suggest you start reading the review section of a respectable paper before you plunk down your 7 bucks. As for the entertainment value, well, thats why its called fiction. If movies/T.V. spent all their time modeling life to a T, there wouldn't be much to watch. That is unless you would prefer to see Mel Gibson spend a good 15 minutes of film time, cleaning his gun before he goes out and shoots the baddies. Or maybe instead of seeing the "General Lee" jump 30 ft crevases, we could see Skeeter spend two hours repairing the tie rods and/or testing the shocks.

You see, in film/television/theater there is a little thing I like to refer to as "plot". Without it, I'm sure characters could spend as much time as they please with such mundane details as how to properly clear a jammed gun, spend a good minute reloading a clip, and then returning fire. Unfortunately, this process could slow things down, and distract the viewing audiences from the, yep, here it is again, "plot". Just what the hell was Jesse Ventura doing with a GE minigun out in the jungle (predator) ? Got me. Was it fun too watch him and others blow sh*t up ? According to its box office returns, this is resoundingly so.

As for people who are on the "Its the liberal, pinko, fascist Jew ridden hollyweirdo...blah blah blah" trip, um, whatever. Yea I know, 70, no I mean 80, oops, 120 million Americans own guns (usually the same folks who say 90% of cops can't shoot, and Klinton has a harem of space hookers who anally probed them and live on the Mir space station). . Just not as many of them are as concerned as to whether a Glock has a trigger safety or whether an uzi drops .223 shells. It hasn't seemed slow box office sales one bit. I'm sure their is some guy on a boxing board right now saying he can never watch a Sylvestor Stallone movie ever again. Simply because in "Rocky" he threw way too many punches in one round. Or that on a Nascar board, "Days of Thunder" ....etc.

Get a grip people. If this concerns you so much, I suggest you come to Hollywood and show the business how it's done. Like I have said before, the problem with these movie mishaps has little to do with the writers, directors or actors. Most often the task is left up to the props guys who could care less whether a S&W fires six or seven bullets (five or six in Harry's case). and no, prop guns don't fire blanks, their electrically primered, which accounts for the 100 lb femme fatale not getting knocked off her feet when she fires the snub .44 magnum.

These are technical issues, and if you choose to simply transgress the issue and blame it on the liberal touchy-feely media, so be it. I guess being stubborn goes hand in hand with being being simple minded.

MM, I guess living on the west coast has clouded your judgement. There is a cultural war waging and hollyweird seems to be quite clear which side it's on. I don't think you can say the same thing about nascar or anything else you referenced. I'm sure being on the "inside" has given you a perspective the rest of us don't have, but when we read about the million's that are made on movies, it's sad that they can't be accurate. BTW, I have not been to a movie in 13yrs. Thats my way of showing what I think of them.

Uh, no T4. My thinking is not clouded by any means.

A "cultural war" has nothing to do with movie gaffs. I find it petty to transfer the insignifigance of minute mistakes onto Hollywood as a whole. Likewise I don't see how nascar movies, Boxing movies, or Jackie Chan's movies are any different. They are meant to entertain. I could really care less whether Jackie Chan were to use the "Tiger claw" stance innaproprietly. I'm sure it causes some 5th degree black belt to cringe, but for the millions of moviegoers, the vast majority could care less.

Back