Why aren't pistols like these made?

I was referring to the P9 Covert, which, you now realize, was configured the way the OP described. And, as TruthTellers guessed, per Justin Moon, it didn’t sell well enough to keep.

TruthTellers: said:
...I know Glock came out with a pistol that has the grip of the 17, but the slide of the 19. I think that's a bit silly, there's little to gain in going from a 19 grip to a 17 grip, but doing something with the slide of the 26 on a 19 grip would because you do get more grip.

I like my 19X a lot it’s the best shooting 9mm Glock that I own. You might think the G-17 grip with the G-19 slide is silly but it works fine for me.

I shoot the subcompact Glocks fine with the 2 finger grip and I don't think an fraction of an inch of slide is going to turn the gun into an unwieldy piece. In the goal of getting the Px4 with the rotary barrel in as small a package as possible, a 1/4 inch more of slide is essentially nothing.

I would need to shoot somebody else’s G-19 with a grip cut down to a G-26 config to see if I could shoot it that way, and to be honest I wouldn’t want to do that surgery to my own G-19, it shoots fine for me the way is. But anybody else’s “MMV” and that is fine also.

Back