Why are you interested in C and R guns?

New to this passion but my theme is refurbished WW2 mausers:
Yugo 24/47
Romanian vz 24
Erma RC k98 27 1938
Lubecker RC k98 237 1940ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373119618.036697.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373119695.401419.jpg

No real theme aside from the amazing value you get from milsurp guns. And just the history behind them is awesome

My collection so far:

1: 1941 Mosin-Nagant
2. 1933 Nagant Revolver
3. CZ-82
4. 1917 Steyr M95/34

WWII is my theme because it is the most epic battle yet waged by Man, a true World War, with so many theaters and the coolest weapons. A subject for lifelong study. My future acquisitions will be a Luger, P38, M1 and perhaps eventually an MP40 and if a bunch of money falls out of the sky and into my lap, a MG42.

The Cold War '60s through '80s are also very interesting to me, especially FN FALs, M14s, Dragunovs and by then various HKs such as the HK91, HK93 and MP5.

Like most of you have said before, the historical part of owning these weapons is awesome. I will pull out my Garand and stare at it wondering where it got the nicks and scratches from...what has it seen and where has it been. I like modern weapons but they just don't have the same feel of the wooden stocked types. Whenever I'm in a LGS and I see that wood colored stock I'll bypass everything to go take a look.

What I like even more is taking the Garand to the range and seeing what it can do. A lot of people (younger types) dismiss it as not being accurate. I love seeing their faces when I start punching the 10 ring with irons sights on an old war horse.

I've got an Enfield coming from a buddy over in CO that I'm dying to see. When he bought it waaaay back it was only $9.98!!!! Can't wait to get it to the range as well.

;) Hmmmmmm

I posted two photos so you will have to tell me the one you asking about the German or the Swedish photo?

.....:confused:.....

;) Hmmmmmm

Stab in the dark as it's pictured with Swedish kit and rifle I wold say it's a Swedish pistol M40.

Why C and R

I am often exceedingly cheap and prefer firearms that work, rather than look pretty. In the C and R market, I have found these in abundance.

I am also a giant history nerd. Having the chance to touch amazing pieces of history far exceeds (almost) any dollar amount.

At this point I have only purchased a 1895 Chilean Mauser in 7mm (history will wait for another time. It is a lengthy discussion.)

I don't have a theme per se, but I am very interested in soviet arms, especially the pistols. I also have a fascination with WW1 and the arms used in that conflict--especially the cheap spanish guns that everyone seemed to commission.

if im not mistaken that rifle shoots a 6.5 swede correct? and how much does one of those pistols cost and what does it shoot?? my wish list may be growing a bit :P

;) Hmmmmmm

Sometimes my interest is purely historic but as always accurate rifles are the most interesting.

1943 BSA Shirley #4T

we dont take to kindly to people who dont take to kindly round here tahunua... ;)

and MJ....your collection should be in a museum somewhere....its absolutely outstanding!

Oh how I hate my C&R - LOL!!!

My C&R has cost me more money than I can - well you get the picture.

I own several k98. Mosin–Nagant, M44, 30 carbines, Enfields.

I kick myself regularly for selling my M1's years ago.
Never thought they would get so hard to replace.

My prized k98 Mauser is a 1939 production from the Werke, Oberndorf factory.
Sadly only half the numbers match and the bore is marginal but all proof marks and inspection marks are very clean and clear.
I prize it because 1939 is considered the year WW2 started and looking at this old war horse it has seen some action.
My other K98 are of later years the newest being 1944 Russian capture.

Every time I shoot one of these old rifles I have to wounder like many do, where has it been and what has it seen.

My two favorite rifles are my 30 carbines and Enfields.
Just great guns to shoot.

Oh to add, I just picked up a real nice Enfield in a pawn shop for 250.00 and it has a beautiful bore and stock.
Have yet to take it apart and inspect it but from what I see it was a great find for the money.

Back