Why are you interested in C and R guns?

Mausermolt

Please share with us why you are interested and what "theme" your collection falls under. For example: WWII era, WWI era or everything!

My C and R collection consists of:
1943 M1 Garand
1943 Smith Corona M1903A3
1942 M91/30 Mosin Nagant
1944 M44 Mosin Nagant
19.. M38 Mosin Nagant
1936 K98 Mauser S/42G code
19?4 (it only has a 4 on the receiver, guessing 1944) K98 Mauser BNZ code, particularly awesome because it has a pieces of shrapnel still in the stock!
Type 38 Arisaka
1943 No4 Mk1 Enfield
1914 P08 Luger DWM
Reproductions:
Chinese copy of a Winchester 1897 Trench Gun
Auto Ordnance GI 1911

still on my list: Italian Carcano, French MAS, Nambu, 1911 circa WWII,
Type 99 Arisaka, TT33 Tokarov. 1895 Nagant revolver, and a Styer M95.

As you can tell my "theme" im going for is WWII era weapons. Ive always had an interest in WWII. Anything about it, be it aircraft, weapons, warships
military tactics, history in general.

As I lay in my hotel room in Port au Prince watching Band of Brothers and The Pacific, my mind wonders off to my rifles. Wondering if one of my rifles could have been in one of those historic battles. Every time I pull the trigger on one of my war relics it gives me great pleasure to know that the piece of wood and steel in my hands may have once protected a human life(Axis or Ally),that hopefully made it back to their loved ones. Owning a piece from one of the most important times in human history is why I like C and R. It makes the past truly come alive right in front of me! If only my rifles could talk...

Last edited:
The tv show "Combat" seemed to appear when I was about eight years old. Keep in mind the movies from those days. There are fuzzy memories of a plastic M-1 Garand rifle, used in a small wooded block in 'midtown' Jackson, MS (near Belhaven College).

To be totally frank, the only guns that hold any interest for me are military rifles, primarily WW2-Korea. The problem is that the gun bug only hit me in my early 50s:(. Wish I had bought cases of M2 Ball, .303 and Nato 7.62 when it was Really cheap. My Dad never caught 'the bug', neither did any friends in younger years. Somehow the Enfield must have been noticed in old movies, along with the unmistakable Mauser's style.

Other than .22s, no civilian guns interest me (unless very cheap to shoot), besides handguns in the PPK style used by James Bond.
Six Enfields (#4s/#5s), Garand, FR8, Yugo Mauser, N. SKS, Romanian M-69 Trainers. My gun friends don't look twice at bubbafied guns.

Last edited:
As far as now my "collection" is limited to:
Lee-Enfield N1MkIII BSA 1918 (all numbers matching; a lucky purchase)
M1 Carbine IBM 1943 (from the Austrian Border Patrol)

Many more on my wish list...I was thinking to start a "Call of Duty" themed collection getting everything availalbe in the game; not very serious as a collection theme but a good point to start with.

c & r guns

new member here
I'm interested in royal Enfield 303, which the Biritish army used up until the 50's
or
very much a classic hammer 12 ga shotguns, which I got from grandpa n my father
not forgetting
a couple of very " what you might call cheap n nasty" hand guns, which as time goes by are going to be less of them around
none of which I have ammo for

the guns I use daily are my browning 12 ga shotgun, I would dearly love a Enfield 303 rifle but they seem to be out of my price range, as i'm welsh n rather tight with my money

Also I keep classic weapons for the reason of they're historical value, what farmers used back in the 1890's 1930's n 1970's. I do this for no money value just for people to be able to see when I pass on

Last edited:
No theme, other than that which inspired my TFL username.
Turk, Yugo, Spanish, Czech, and German Mausers. 91/30, 91/59, and M44 Mosen Nagants. SMLE Enfields. Styer and Swiss straight pulls. French Semi- Auto, and bolt action. Yugo and Albanian SKS rifles, and a Hakim. Mil Surp handguns from all over the globe as well. All shooters, some not quite so "cheap", but no museum safe queens or display firearms.

Primarily WWI - WWII-era rifles and pistols, and a few Cold War-era pistols. Japanese weapons don't do anything for me, and definitely no late-era Chinese knock-offs. I wouldn't be opposed to anything Egyptian or Turkish.

I've been in love with firearms since before I was 10 years old. At 68 now, I've managed to collect/accumulate military arms from the post-Civil Ware era to the post-Vietnam era. I love the history of the weapons ... I love the engineering and machining of the weapons ... I love being able to reload for and take them to the range. I NEVER get tired of them ... NEVER get bored with them.

my "theme" is anything I can afford as they come my way.

I have two 1944 Izzy 91/30s, one I sporterized for the heck of it.
I have a Savage made NO4 MK1 enfield
I have a British T receiver that has the most bubba'd amalgamation of parts in the world built around it into a halfassed 45ACP conversion.
I have a Springfield 1903
I HAD a Springfield1903A4 sniper but I traded it for a Type 44 Arisaka carbine and a Type 99 Arisaka rifle.
I have a MAS36 that I bought because it was the first I'd ever seen in person and am actually not that fond of it. trying to get rid of it.
the latest is a Springfield M1 garand. first time I took it out I entered a CMP shoot and took home 3rd place so I'm pretty happy with it.

I buy what I like. hopefully some day I will be able to add a M1895 straight pull, a M36 Swedish mauser and a 1917, preferably remington but I aint picky.

Last edited:
I like it because it's something different.
And the history. There is a history to it. It's a historical artifact. But a living, working one.
dc

why..

Wondering if one of my rifles could have been in one of those historic battles. Every time I pull the trigger on one of my war relics it gives me great pleasure to know that the piece of wood and steel in my hands may have once protected a human life(Axis or Ally),that hopefully made it back to their loved ones. Owning a piece from one of the most important times in human history is why I like C and R. It makes the past truly come alive right in front of me! If only my rifles could talk...
Couldn't have said it better myself. Beautifully put by the way, quite poetic.

I have a very narrow and discerning theme. It must be milsurp, & must go bang:
053_zps9029ea79.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wow.
Hey, Unspoken. Do you think perhaps I could come over to your house and visit for a while? Perhaps we could go to the range?
dc

Yeah buddy. You bring the tannerite.

About 1/4 of those rifles came from another member here. Thanks again Dave!

still on my list: Italian Carcano, French MAS, Nambu, 1911 circa WWII,
Type 99 Arisaka, TT33 Tokarov. 1895 Nagant revolver, and a Styer M95.

I'm with you on the 1911 & Nambu. 2nd mortgage, here I come. A Garand & K43 are tops on my wish list. Those Enfield Jungle Carbines tickle me too, but I've abandoned the .303 arena.

You guys have noticed the very low prices lately for the Steyr rifles?

The only problem I see, it the bolt lugs function well, is the high price of the 8x56R ammo.
You can watch "iraqiveteran8888" shoot a Steyr on his Youtube Channel. His ammo is German '42 or '43, with the inscriptions held up to the camera.

The only problem I see, it the bolt lugs function well, is the high price of the 8x56R ammo.
You can watch "iraqiveteran8888" shoot a Steyr on his Youtube Channel. His ammo is German '42 or '43, with the inscriptions held up to the camera.
yes I sure have noticed the prices... as they doubled in the last month for some reason:eek:

Not as low as when I bought my two for a hundred bucks or so. But that was 10 years ago, and the Nazi stamped ammo was $2.25 for the 10 round box with two stripper clips! :D Wish I'd have bought more than the 500 rounds I did!

Why? Bottom line is that I can get guns that shoot modern ammo, are well-built, have some history, and have them delivered to my door (or in most states do a cash n carry) instead of waiting 70+ days here in Maryland for a modern handgun/regulated long gun approval......

Back