• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Why are "mall ninja" threads not deleted on sight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
peetzakilla said:
Right! Now, the current thread that spawned this question can be viewed here.
<snip>
Admittedly, it is beginning to look bad for that thread but to just delete it from the get-go is the wrong message, IMHO.

Eeee. Thanks for posting the link, PK. I'd somehow missed that one.

It demonstrates the best thing about your "truthful and helpful" approach: it eggs these fellas on... and their posts get funnier and funnier.
:D

Yah, after a quick scan over the posts, the thread in question linked by peetzakilla has vague similarity to a mall-ninja, but I'm getting the impression it's a genuine question by someone who simply has NO idea what it takes to make 1000-yd shots. Granted, I only scanned the first few posts---I could be wrong. Education on the subject is needed---not mall-ninja smack-down right out of the gate. If he's genuine, he'll probably learn something so long as he isn't insulted to the point of not ever wanting to post again. If he's a mall-ninja, the true colors will shine in no time at all---let the coffee-snotting begin!

Peetzakilla said:
Google "Gecko_45"

and don't drink while reading. Your computer will pay the price.

Hoooolllyyyyy crap. LOL

Wow.... just, wow....

I am at a loss for words. Thank you for pointing me in that direction!

The post linked is one of the ones in question but not the only one. But in regards to the thread linked I could definetly start reading the thread thinkin he's just young and naive. But when you get into the thread farther you see how exactly stupid it is. If you also look in Art of the Rifle you will see a thread concerning SKS sights. Now anyone who has been around me knows that I hate SKS's but that thread was asked in a very good manner by a new shooter and is a good thread. Young is not bad, stupid is. Stupid is also dangerous. Maybe not illegal but still stupid.

But on the other side, Gecko_45 is a GOD!!!!

LK

Young is not bad, stupid is. Stupid is also dangerous.

What we call "stupid" is not always stupid either.

We're all ignorant about certain topics. We're not all stupid. Maybe a few of us should hang around a cardiologist conference with a bunch of docs and see how "stupid" they think we are. Not stupid, ignorant.

Ignorant can be fixed. Ignorant gets fixed by asking questions. Questions that appear "stupid" to those "on the inside". Sometimes, those on the inside forget that they weren't always on the inside.

There was a time when every one of us wouldn't have known a 22LR from a 50BMG. Some of us were 5 when we learned, some of us 55 or 85. That doesn't make the guy who learned at 55 or 85 "stupid".

There is NO benefit to name calling and nasty comments. NONE.

It's kind of funny to me that so many of us have no problem being down right mean to the new guy but when someone has a few hundred or thousand posts we're expected to be kind and gentle lest we offend someone and send a thread off topic. We seem to have no issues turning the new guys thread into a mall ninja debate but God forbid we're a little snarky when we question the need for extra magazines with the people who have 2000 posts.

Last edited:
Why are "mall ninja" threads not deleted on sight?

Because Gecko45 is a legend (in his own mind, of course) and the rest of us get a kick out of anything that reminds us of him. :cool:

Last edited:
While fellow Staff member Mike and Hogdogs have summed it up, Peetzakilla has provided some extra insight to the culture brought forth by fellow members here. With that, I see no real need for this to remain open anymore. My gut tells me to end it while the gettin' is good.

I'm open for darn good reason to reopen this. In the meantime, closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back