• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Why are "mall ninja" threads not deleted on sight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L_Killkenny

There's 2 highly questionable threads going on in the Rifle forum as we speak. So obvious a mall ninja or a troll it's not even funny. I have no objection to young people coming on here and learning (there's one or more of those threads on there too) but as trigger happy as the mods can be on here (no objections) it's hard to believe these "questionable" motive threads lasted 5 minutes. My lord are they bad.

Just Curious,
LK

L, If you feel they violate any of the TFL rules, simply just click the,
report.gif

not every thread is read by a mod and many members do not report for various reasons... My most nefarious reason for not reporting some threads is I wanna play for a while but I have been criticized by mods for playing along too...:o
Brent

Hogdogs is absolutely correct.

If you're concerned about a thread, hit the report button, or PM one of the staff for that forum.

No, that's not really an "answer" to the original question, but there's no blanket answer that can really be given.

In addition to target practice with our firearms, its always good to excercise ones wit from time to time. Thank god there are geniuses who post such threads and provide us an opportunity to do so :D

I don't care about most mall ninja threads. It's it's kids with names like "Hitman Forever" asking about "sniper" rifles. I wish sniper would join SHTF in a site no-no list. Precession rifle is good but sniper rifle has negative connotations. I guess I'm just getting old.

I'm gonna have to say that I fall in the "good for a laugh" category.

TFL is primarily a learning resource and a place for like minds to babble endlessly about our addiction..... excuse me, HOBBY, HOBBY, I meant HOBBY (I'll get that right one day:D), but why not have a laugh here and there as well?

Some of those threads are freakin' priceless.

Which threads are the "mall ninja" ones going on in the rifle section right now?....I could use a good read/laugh. :D

I think this thread has made me admit to myself that maybe I have become a gun "snob" in a sorts. Why? Because I often don't even bother viewing or responding to the types of threads the OP has in question. That, or it's view and instant backpage button.

My other favorites are the "what would your combo for "x" situation/scenario be?" threads and you'll see responses likely with weapons they have likely never fired or held, and almost certainly not trained with.

Is my mentality a detriment to the community? In certain instances, I don't think so.

My wife also thinks the Mall-Ninja Threads should be bust.:eek:
The last one caused me to spill coffee on two nice shirts:D

There's a time to take life seriously and a time to relax and smile a bit.

Even the best newspapers have a Garfield strip in them.

Cheers,

Danny

"Mall Ninjas" are not always Mall Ninjas. Sometimes they are new shooters and lacking knowledge of real world, practical shooting.

Maybe they saw on TV that people shoot 1000 yards. Having no practical experience they have no real way of knowing how difficult it is or how expensive equipment that is suited for such a task will be.

So, they say to themselves "Self, that looks like fun. I'm going to look into that." A quick search brings up TFL... "Wow! Self, these people know EVERYTHING! I'll ask them!"

Starting a new thread all they get is sarcasm, name calling and then.... deleted.....

hmmm, nice message to the new guy.

I propose the opposite strategy unless a thread is KNOWN to be a fake. How about if we just answer the questions in a truthful and helpful way. If the new guy is a "Mall Ninja" then it will become apparent soon enough.

Please pardon my ignorance, but, what the heck is a "Mall Ninja"?

I know what a troll is, but this term is new to me.

Thanks,

Chipsgt

OMG, Peetza, I really should have taken your warning seriously! Snotting coffee out my nose wasn't the brightest thing I did this morning...:D

Peetza, I really should have taken your warning seriously!

Right! Now, the current thread that spawned this question can be viewed here.

See my point? Similar, at the beginning. Makes you wonder, could be legit, could be not. No sense in deleting it or calling the guy names until we KNOW if he's a Gecko_45 soulmate.

Admittedly, it is beginning to look bad for that thread but to just delete it from the get-go is the wrong message, IMHO.

The guy who wants a "Cheap Accurate Varmint Rifle" should go with a Stevens 200 30-06 using a Barska scope and 150 grain soft point ammo. Then after each shot with the bullet striking +/- 20 feet or so he can proudly say to his spotter "yep, that's where I was aiming" and hope they are gullible.

I think if we all stopped commenting on mall ninja threads there would be less of them. After all it's no fun to be a troll if nobody bites the hook. Problem is we'd all have to do it. I hate to admit some of the mall ninja threads make me laugh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back