Who's up for a Bolt Action/Lever Action shoot?

Jamie Young

I've been away from TFL for quite some time and haven't talked to ya'll since we initially thunk up the idea. How about late January or February?

It depends...

...on whether I'll have enough money to buy a bolt-action by then. :(

Can I leave the FAL magazines at home and pretend it's a single-shot? :p

January 14th is a Monday? I'm actually around on weekdays since I'm presently self employed YAAHHHHHOOOO!!!!! I think W&W is only open wed-Sunday though. And I'm not sure if any of those Pesky Cowboy Action shooters are going to be around.

You don't have to have one to come. I'll have the First Gun I ever owned Marlin 22Mag with me and my Model 70 30/06. I have a ton of 30/06 reloads I want to get rid of. I have 110gr, 180gr, 200gr and all kinds of 150gr. I want to shoot it all up so I can just stick with my Favorite 150gr loads. I think I have about 400rds I want to get rid of and there ain't no way I'll be able to shoot that much '06 in one day alone.

Yer right! the 14th is a Monday. I meant the 13th! Was looking at the wrong month :D. We should make it the next weekend as that monday is a national holiday.

I'll get this right yet:o

As long as it is during the weekend, I am good to go.

Bolt Action and Lever guns only huh??? :)

Anyone down for some 8mm pain???

Let's see who goes home with the sorest shoulder?

I have to figure out what my Schedule is gonna be and then check the place out for any other events.

If not enough of you guys want to keep it to that we can change it but I'd like to spend some time with my '06 this time (you all know how much time I spend with my guns at these shoots). If we do change it lets stick to Rifles only. Or pick two Calibers and everyone has to bring a rifle in that caliber?

I only have one gun that qualifies:(

Guess I will have to spend some quality time with it:D

How about some .22 action. I have a new rem 597 that needs exercise.

Ok,

I will bring a pellet gun. I do have atleast one of those somewhere. :p

I dont have an AK pellet gun, I guess that I something I need to get next though huh?? ;)

I wouldnt mind if we did Sporting Clay... I have seemed to gotten addicted to it alittle bit. :D

Soda,

YOu should be asking how many guns I have in OTHER peoples homes LOL. I think it is more than I have where I live.

Well leave some here with me sometime. Like your SARII and one of your AR's. What kind of AR's do you have again? I checked out a whole bunch of them today at the Valley Forget Gunshow but I'm totally lost on what Companies or Variant to look for.

K80Geoff what Model is yours? They all look the same to me and when I asked the guys at the show what the Bushmaster Standard 20in they said that didn't narrow it down enough:rolleyes:

I've got an old Marlin 780 .22 bolt action. That's about it.
How 'bout a "handgun caliber" shoot? I'll bring my Camp-9. Anybody have a Tommy gun? I'll bring extra 45 ACP!
I STILL need to pattern my 870's too. There must be someplace where I can spend some time patterning with 00, 000 & #4 buck plus my "multi purpose" Federal clay-killers. Anyone?
Mike

Alright
Its starting to sound like people aren't into a Bolt Action shoot. Well you missed the Pistol Shoot in NJ a few weeks ago 9mmMike. I don't want to mix up the Pistol and Rifle shooting too much because every gets too spread out.

And K80Geoff won't be able to make up his mind on what guns to bring. The other problem is the days are much shorter now and I think they close the range at 4pm. We never have enough time anyway and the point of these TFL shoots is to hangout and shoot with your fellow TFL members. After we settle on what were doing I'll start a new thread and pick a date.

Back