Who's gettin or giving a gun for Xmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Pincus

Okay, fess up.. who's getting a gun? What kind? Is it a Xmas present to yourself or to your wife? Or perhaps, your child?

I have two friends who are buying their wives AL390 20 gauges for clays shooting. One of them has smartly sent his to Ballistic Specialties for "the works." The smae guy smartly bought himself a matching 390 in 12 gauge!

Another guy I know is getting a new Glock 30. Much against my advice. I think people wanting a Glock for carry might benefit from seeing what changes take place in the market over the next 45-60 days.

My wife has gotten me at least one gun every Xmas since 1993 (the year we met), so I am expecting another one and I'll be disappointed if its not here on the 25th!

------------------
-Essayons

Browning Lever Action .22 to be shared by my wife and myself. Winchester 94 in .44 Mag, again shared. Smith and Wesson model 66, mine.

Rob what market changes are you referring to that would lead you to hold off purchasing a Glock now? Is it just Glocks or any new handgun you would hold off on purchasing?

Dad's getting a S&W .357 with a 4" barrel, but I haven't decided on the 66 or 686 yet (I think those are the model numbers - I don't have my decoder ring handy). Wife's getting a SIG P232 stainless. I'm getting a brick of ammo.

My wife has already picked out (on my advice) my 4th Sig. This time it's the 230SS as I liked this model to the new 232. Merry Christmas to me. As a second present she purchased some ammo for my other Sigs (45, 9mm, & 357Sig) also on my advice. Could not get a brick of each, but any extra ammo helps. Merry Christmas to me again and to EVERYONE who reads this post.
Galco Kid/Jacksonville, FL

------------------
Tim

I gave Spartacus a Steyr Mauser, as he likes Mausers, and I have another .308...

(Incidentally, he gave me a Japanese WWII NCO sword. Hell, yeah! Thanks, Buddy!)

Frame for a T/C Contender...
To go with the barrels I was already given.
:)
Giving a Jennings .22LR automatic to my brother the Ex-Marine. With the note attached "Marines should be used to getting second hand equipment... What? you were expecting a Glock or some thing?"
Running joke between us - long story...

------------------
Kodiac
Kenetic Defense Institute
kodiac@hotbot.com

a lyman plains rifle to a nephew who shot black powder in camp and loved it. A marlin
44 cowboy for me. Now if I could just find a horse to go with my saddle.

On the advice of my brother, who says they're rare, I'm buying a Pre-64 Winchester Model 70 in 22 Hornet (I think the serial number is #49xxx). Found it used with a non-factory varmint barrel, but the action and bolt are original. If I don't like the way it shoots, I'll send it back to Winchester for restoration.

Other than my father's 94 and my Model 75, it'll be the only non-shotgun Winchester in my stable.

Comments on the M70 Hornet from any Winchester die hards?

I purchased a Glock 26 and a Styer Scout rifle. I am calling it Christmas for myself, but it was early Christmas (before Brady 2). I will be getting a S&W revolver in 22LR from my Grandmother.

Well I gave myself a new Savage 10FP 308WIN 20" tube tactical rifle. I've been *VERY* surprised about the trigger as I had planned on getting the new aftermarket unit that's been recently introduced. The factory must have tuned this puppy because there is no take up and it breaks super clean at a tad over 4 pounds. Now I have a 308 for course work and hunting as my 700VS with 16 oz Shilen trigger is set up for long range varminting!

Cheers!
-=[Bob]=-

Well, the wife told me in bed this morning that there will be no gun under the tree this year.

Get this, my buddy with a gun shop, where she normally gets my Xmas present, told her that he couldn't think of any gun I needed and he didn't have anything I'd want.

Apparently he called another friend of mine and found out that I wanted an EAA 10mm, but he can't get them yet, so I get the big I.O.U. for Xmas.... oh, well.

I gave a friend of mine a case of shotgun shells yesterday for Xmas. He won a Browning Citori at the charity shoot in Ohio last year and hasn't even had it out of the box, once.

A custom 1911 from Geoff Benze in Arizona. No bells or whistles, just a fine, solid, custom gun from the ground up (Essex frame).

Well, it does have tritium sights, but that is about as fancy as it gets. Walt

After 10 years of marriage, I finally asked my wife for a rifle for Christmas and got the big horse laugh. I guess I'll ask again in another ten years. I should have used the money I spent on her diamond earrings on a new rifle. Ha Ha.

Bought myself a G30 fro Christmas. Curious to previous post about waiting to buy Glocks. If there are new Glocks coming, I hope there's a single stack .45 full size and compact, ultra compact .32, carbine, .22 full gun and/or conversions, etc.

I got a match bull barrel and a thumbhole shiloette stock for my Ruger 10/22

My wife is getting a savage .308 Left Hand, but we are having problems finding one!
Should be able to get it sometime in January.

------------------

Mouse Assassins inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back