Who's built their own indoor bullet trap?

Some of you guys completely missed the point of my post.
I'm a gunsmith- this is for test/function firing
And you said that exactly where?
C'mon guys, it's difficult enough trying to help long distance without having to resort to mind reading.
They don't charge by the word around here.
We need all the help we can get.

Last edited:
And you said that exactly where?

The link I provided in my OP, was for a gunsmith snail-trap.

Sure don't see any resemblance to an indoor practice range there ;)

Found out a gunsmith friend of mine down the road has one- going to talk to him about it. Thanks.

tobnpr, take a look at those used in forensic labs made out of heavy wall boiler pipe. They work well with about any round you fire into them.

One shop I worked at was up against a hillside. We cut a hole in the cinder block wall, stuck in a piece of 6" steel pipe with heavy rubber flaps (pieces of truck floor mat). The bullets went into the ground on the other side of the wall, the flaps reduced noise inside and kept dirt or pieces of bullet from coming back. That should also work with the hole in the floor (ground floor, of course, not recommended for second or third floor), but some semi-autos might not function well pointed downward.

Jim

I have one made of 10 or 12 inch boiler pipe with a thick steel plate welded on the end. It has about a foot of sand in it. It's welded to an angle iron base, and mounted at an angle. I fabricated an ArmaFlex cap for it. The cap has a slit in it to stick barrels through.
You can see part of it in the lower right of the picture

Attachments

• shop5.jpg
    shop5.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 29
Back