Who Would You Choose?

Who would you have preferred if no one dropped out?

• McCain

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Obama

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Clinton

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Huckabee

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • Edwards

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Romney

• Biden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paul

Votes: 39 34.8%
  • Dodd

• Giuliani

• Gravel

• Hunter

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Kucinich

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Thompson

Votes: 15 13.4%
  • Richardson

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Brownback

• Barr

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Gilmore

• Tancredo

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Thompson

Votes: 8 7.1%

• Total voters
He didn't run.
These are the contenders affiliated with the 2 major parties... plus Bob Barr.;)
I couldn't think of anyone else that had even a fraction of a percent support.

I am honestly surprised to see the level of support for Ron Paul. I suspect it is largely because he is the "alterative" still in the race.

You guys should learn more about Tom Tancredo.:)

I was a Fred Thompson man early on.

Of course, when he dropped out of the race...I didn't waste any time pining away for him.

And I gave all the candidates who were just congressmen (not even Senators) all the due consideration they deserved as guys with a chance of winning. None.

I was a Fred Thompson man early on.

Of course, when he dropped out of the race...I didn't waste any time pining away for him.
Sure you didn't...I can just picture it now. You in your nighty, tears in your eyes, as you pulled the lipstick smeared posters of him from your bedroom walls. :p ;)

He really was someone that I thought would be a major contender and showed such promise. It is really too bad that he came off like a grumpy old man who really did not care what was going on around him. It is so unlike an actor to be so self absorbed. :)

He was a potential star that turned out to be a disappointment in the end. I was not that sad to see him go either. He had the appearance of a potential Ronald Reagan, but turned out to be more of a Wilfred Brimley.

Actually I had to check that myself.

Fred Thompson
Tommy Thompson

I did not even realize it when I set up the poll or I would have differentiated the two.

Huckabee was my first choice caucusing for him. He stated clearly that although he has his own beliefs, he wouldn't shove it down our throats as others believe otherwise. There are a few key items that would arguably be passed as much, but that's another story for another thread.

Tom Tancredo was a VERY close second choice for me. A staunch 2A supporter and having a solid record on dealing with illegal immigration got my attention. If he runs on any type of office that he would be proficient at, he will still have my vote today.

Fred Thompson was one of my considerations. I wasn't wild about him, but if he were on the ticket today he would have my vote without much hesitation.

I don't know much about Duncan Hunter other than he supported torture if it was a last resort. I think when he stated this, it turned off voters. Too bad. At least he had the guts to answer tough interview questions directly. Plus, his funding and exposure wasn't the best.

This morning McCain, this evening Obama! I'm not talking about myself, just how thing appears to be going back and forth. Voters are so fickle. Some one picks their nose with the wrong finger and he loses a vote. Go figure.

I took a test to find out which candidate thought most like me. Turned out to be Duncan Hunter. I liked Mike Huckabee, Tom Tancreado, and Fred Thompson also, though.

Or . . . how far mainstream politics is from reality...?
Touche'

On a side note. I do like the things Bob Barr says...I just think he goes a bit too far with the lack of government oversight. I just do not have that much faith in the masses as to think they will just live and let live if no fear of repercussions exists.

I do like the things Bob Barr says...I just think he goes a bit too far with the lack of government oversight.

Not really familiar with him, but from what I've heard, I have liked it. I can't really comment on him going too far, because like I said, not really familiar with him.

Thompson was vastly under marketed. If they'd put the force behind him that they pushed Ghouliani and the Moron running, then he would have won no problem. I can't believe how many pundits were pushing the worst candidates, and in the end we got another one of the worst. WTF is up with the party running rinos harder than anyone else? We need to do some nuclear level house cleaning to get this left leaning crap out of the party, otherwise abolish it altogether.

Back