who shoots clays with shotguns?

with the shells made today most old shotguns will shoot tighter with them. i shoot a imp mod choke for singles trap and go to full on the second shot on doubles. i shoot a straight mod choke in my rem 1187 as it shoots just to tight with more choke.

Stuckinthe60s: The Brooklyn Navy Yard. It is a short bicycle ride away. The Yard as been turned into a multi use area. Quite a collection of Industries...from filmmaking to fabric.

https://brooklynnavyyard.org/

A big place for an urban area - 290 acres on the East River. It is close to the northern end of an extensive new park along the East River that runs from Atlantic Ave to well nigh the BNYard.
If you worked there in the 80s, Seatrain was a big employer in the early 80s.
It would be a great place for a Skeet facility.....but this is NYC and that aint happening.
My Trap shooting is done on Staten Island at the Staten Island Sportsman’s Club or at North Mt. Sportsman’s Ass’n in Muncy Valley, PA.
Pete

Last edited:
ive been planning a trip to st-island sc for some time. the vacant area across the street got developed I see. use to be marsh wasteland. a nyc harbor cop invited me. never made it yet. maybe after this mess.
lots of people don't realize st-island sc is the closest shooting to downtown nyc there is. a true miracle how they held on to it.

a similar situation is elm city r&g club in new haven. it use to be the Winchester factory club. they sold it to private use around 1940 and it is the closest range to downtown new haven.

Ranges on Staten Island

Just a bit south of the trap fields at Staten Island Sportsman’s Club are two rifle and pistol clubs. One of them, Richmond Boro Rifle and Pistol is pretty much directly under the Outer Bridge Crossing. The other, Colonial Rifle and Pistol is only a quarter mile or so west of that.

Back