Who makes the hottest .380 ball?

Except for the fact that an assailant isn't going to be a piece of paper, stapled to a stationary stand.
Except for the fact that... :confused:
Cite where I said a word about any such thing, one way or the other...

More likely a moving, jumping, running, slashing, stabbing, kicking, grabbing target.
That's when Murphy's law trumps all the training you have under your belt.
Not to say that practice isn't needed, or helpfull. But in the final result, luck has almost as much to do with hitting that tiny area of the spine that will immediately incapacitate a human as all the practice, and training.
Without that perfect hit to the CNS you are then hoping for one of the less sure ways that a human is incapacitated. Physical pain from being shot. In which a more destructive item passing through tissue would be helpful. Or mental shock from the fact they have been shot. Again, more tissue damage than a small hole poked through could be helpful. But maybe not. Mental shock, fainting, can be seriously effected by state of mind, adrenalin, or drugs.

I have literally no clue what you are trying to say as it relates to my statement, all I see is a whole bunch of random non sequitur. Feel free to explain how any of that in any way even relates to my statement, let alone negates it, I'm all ears....
:)

380 FMJ goes 18-22"

The hottest "+P" 380 FMJ goes 18-22"

Look for a +P in Underwood or BB.

Just know you're not getting what you think you are out of it.

MP-44 is using a Beretta 80 series 380. They are rated for CIP spec. ammo. CIP 380 ammo is beyond what SAAMI would call +P by a bit. MP-44's decision to run ball is his alone. That said, Euro Ball ammo will almost certainly run flawlessly in his gun.

I have literally no clue what you are trying to say as it relates to my statement, all I see is a whole bunch of random non sequitur. Feel free to explain how any of that in any way even relates to my statement, let alone negates it, I'm all ears....

Take the extra cost and apply it to simply shooting more and that practice will trump any perceived advantage of the expensive boutique cartridge.

Practice
Placement
Penetration

Because that practice, and perfect placement is on a paper target, stuck to a stationary stand.
I guess if you can talk that bag guy coming after you to stand there like a papervtarget, you'll be guaranteed that perfect placement. Otherwise it's as much luck as it is proficiency.
When that perfect placement isn't achieved, a bullet with more potential to do tissue damage can help in stopping an attack.

LOL. My next thread is going to be how accurate can a .380 be so I can get no answer to my question but a lot of replies telling me it's not a target pistol caliber :D:D:D

As accurate as the shooter.:D
It's not so much the round. More to do with the guns it's chambered in. Generally small, self defense oriented "pocket" pistols.

Answer: check out Maxxtech, then Gecko for “hottest fmj loads”
Riff no.1: load your own and know what you are getting
Riff no.2: ... if the goal is “hot”, that’s why they make 9mm
Riff no.3: once you have overpenetrated, why overpenetrate more?
Riff no.4: in purchased ammo, I like Aguila for cheap/good and Winchester white box for irritatingly excellent accurate in my Bersa and it’s got a stouter kick and it hurts to pay twice as much as the Aguilla but it really groups well. I shoot at paper. Still working up hand loads.

Practice
Placement
Penetration

Sorta nailed it.

Unless of course we're talking about mortars, claymore mines and hand grenades, etc., and even so one stills needs practice. placement, and penetration. ;)

Again, in the right context .380 is a quite fabulous round.

Last edited:
Back