Who makes the best Red Dot scope under $200?

Who makes the best Red Dot Scope under $200

• Total voters
Ultra Dot UD30B. $160. One of them I have is around 15 years old. It's been on a frame mount M1911, then on a slide mount M1911, then on a Ruger MkII, and now it's on a AK101 rifle. Still working great!

I have an original Aimpoint 1000 I bought in the 80's that still works just like new.

It's been used on a wide variety of firearms over the years and all I've ever had to do is change the batteries every few years (Unless I forget to turn it off)

Left out primary arms red dot...guys swear by those as well. There's a video by AK operators union where they had one on an ak and drug the rifle behind the truck with a rope for a while in gravel. To my surprise as well as the guys in the video, the red dot stayed on the rail. It also had a cracked lens but still held zero. :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox0hgWlYWOg

Last edited:
Compared to AimPoint or EOTech it's "cheap" but the Holosun HS403G is an absolutely excellent red dot. 50K hour battery life, auto on / off, fully T1 compatable so you can use Aimpoint mounts and has a 2 MOA dot. And your in luck, there's a sale going on at JoeBobs.
91065f3770de0554454097049d2df4b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys the ultra dot red dots will handle rounds from a 50 Alaskan, max prassac shoots full tilt loads from his big bore revolvers and that's all he will use. If they will hold up to big bore revolvers, then I can't see why the would not to magnum rifles. Amazon has ultradots for about $170.

Back