Who likes CZ's?

Canine

I don't see many posts regarding CZ pistols. I assume that they are not that popular or perhaps have a bad reputation? I have been a CZ owner now for 3 months and I love them! Out of the box, I shoot more accurately with my CZs (75,97) than my Sig Sauers. The grip ergonomics and balance is near perfect for my hands as well. I think many people need to at least give CZ a try.

Hmmm, I have to respectively disagree abt the lack of CZ pistol subject matter on TFL. A brief subject line search turned up >20 CZ threads since mid-March, about that many CZ-75 threads since mid-Feb, and dozens and dozens in which CZ pistols have been recently discussed as part of other threads. The overwhelming majority of posts by CZ owners that I've seen are quite favorable, and I think their reputation is pretty good among people who own them. True enuf, they are sold by far fewer retailers than other brands and so relatively few people own them compared to, say, a 1911-style pistol. I will also have to agree that they well-built, accurate pistols. I wouldn't give my CZ 75B an accuracy edge over my Sigs in my own hands, but they are definitely one of the best values out there in reliable, accurate service pistols. I bought mine for $275 in used-but-never-fired condition, and wouldn't think of parting with it.

My Glock 21 has started its new job as a dust collector since a nickel plated CZ-75b entered my life. This thing is great to shoot and absolutely beautiful. I need more CZs!!!!! I just need to find a way to balance the CZ habit with a fiance who is in college without a job.

Hello. Count me in as a CZ fan! I've been shooting my 75s since about '81 and recently added a CZ83 to the stable for fun. I also have/use/hunt with 3 BRNO/CZ rifles. I'm in.
Best.

CZs rock the house. If they have a bad reputation, I've never heard it.

I'd like to see them stuff the trigger mechanisim from a CZ75 into the frame from a CZ110, though. That would be a nice combo.

Later,
Chris

I really like my CZ's as well. Two full size 9's, 1 polymer finish and 1 nickel. I also have the PCR. They all shoot great. Only problem is deciding which one to take to the range along with the other pistols as well.

Canine,

My CZ75B in .40 caliber is rapidly becomming my favorite pistol. Will eventually have to pick one up in 9mm, too. Can't have too many CZ's

--
Mike

As a relatively new C&R collector (about a year), the first two semi-auto's to enter my collection were the CZ-50 and CZ-52. Nice pistols with great workmanship. The CZ-52 is particularly fun to shoot with its steamy 7.62X25 cartridge.

I guess I would be a CZ fan. CZ-52, CZ-50, pre-import CZ-75, 2 EAA Witness CZ-75 clones and thinking of getting a CZ-82 in 9X18 one of these days too. The biggest complaint most people have with CZ-75 is that they don't drop the hammer with a decocker. I like the feature myself and with all the thumb decoking I have done, I haven't shot myself in the foot yet! :)

I love my CZ75B in .40,I want a 9MM but I live in Kali and can't stand the thought of owning a pistol w/o being able to use standard size mags.That's why I got the.40!

I love my CZ-75B Mil.! I even treated it to a set of pretty Hogue checkered cocobolo grips. :) Believe it or not it can outshoot my buddy`s Springfield loaded even with Wolff ammo! I like the design enough I just traded my Ruger P-97 (which I liked too) for an EAA Witness in 10mm. :D Marcus

I picked up a CZ85 Combat about a month ago. It is my favorite shooter now.

When I got the first hi cap mag I could not believe how well made and finely finished it was. And thats just a mag!

My 85 is a perfect pointer, has been totally reliable for the first 500 rounds of 9mm, takes the 22 kit and works without flaw for cheaper shooting and just looks good.

One thing I have been very pleased with is the lack of little metal bits as I "break it in". Nothing. Shoot it, clean it, no break in wear visible.

I keep it lubed, clean it after every 100 or 200 rounds of 9mm. Have about 500 rounds of .22 through the Kadet kit now. One of the best bargains available IMVHO.

Don't see many posts that mention the CZ line of pistols? You must not be looking very hard.:) Seriously, they come up all the time. (They catch my eye since I'm a big CZ fan)

I think the CZ pistols are one of the best brands on the market right now. Not only are they reliable, well made and very accurate they are also one of the best deals going.

I picked up a 75 a while back and since then have acquired a Kadet .22LR conversion kit, a 75 Compact, a PCR and a 97. I'm addicted to these things.:)

Joe

I got to agree with the posts. There are a lot of posts on the CZ. Every comment I remember reading is positive.
I have one and I love it. It is as good as pistols that are $200-$300 more, if not better. Good thing about a strong dollar. My only complaint is that I would like more visible sights.
It is one of the most aesthetically pleasing pistols out there, especially when you count some of the knock-offs like the Baby Eagle.
It is accurate, takes abuse, and isn't all blocky. What's not to like?
I think some people are actually put off by the low price. I have seen too many recreational shooters who thought it was probably junk because of its low price. I guess they can't tell quality even when it is in their hands. Ironically, I believe that CZ would sell more if the MSRP was about $500-$700.
CZ also does not advertise as much as S&W, Taurus, Beretta, Ruger, etc. Even Kimber and Springfield, selling the very well known 1911 advertises more. So casual shooters haven't gotten the word.

CZs dont appeal to gun snobs?

Croyance::

I agree that CZ might sell more if they raised the price. The gun snobs like paying high money for less gun (Kimbers, Sig Sauers, etc). If CZ raised their prices, the gun snobs could get a better pistol than the above mentioned brands at the same high price. ;)

By the way, I stand by my above statement. I have shot many Kimbers, and I own two Sigs and my CZs is better shooters than both. Flame on Kimber and felow Sig Sauer owners :)

After reading thru this forum for a couple months, I too decided to check into one of the CZ'z. Got one of the 75B's, and today I am going to shoot it for the first time...:) Speaking of gun snobs :o..perhaps after spending all that money on some of the others (Wilson,Sigs,HK's,Kimbers,etc.)its just a hard pill to swallow considering the low prices and high quality of the CZ'z. I too am one of these guys that takes the "pride of ownership" a bit too far at times, but not stupid enough to overlook the obvious "gems" out there. I hope this new CZ is one of them...:)

Back