who has the least costly ammo

I'm sure this has been asked many times. But, who or what company sells ammo for the best costs buying both either in small amonts or in bulk?

I like Hornady and Speer in 38 special and 357 mag.and so do my Rugers. Sometimes Remington 125 SJHP too.

In a previous post I stated that I don't like "Plinking". Think its a waste of my time and my money. IMHO I think you should practice with the ammo that you carry.

Respectfully,

For me it's TailGator Ammo and Barbecue Company.

Reloading pistol ammo lets you tailor the ammo to your own preferences, at costs that are usually in the range of 15 to 18 cents a round regardless of caliber if you buy bullets, less if you cast them (I don't).

Lee Classic Turret Press and Webber grills work best for me, often at the same time.

I won't buy from Cheaper Than Dirt. They were amongst the worst of the gougers during the Great AR-15 and Ammo Shortages a few years ago.

I 2nd sgammo.com and targetsportsusa.com . Most of the time sgammo is cheaper per round even though they charge $16 for shipping.

Ammoman.com seems to have some decent deals as of late too, depending on caliber. Making your own will always be cheapest/most rewarding.

Cheaper than dirt and there is a lot of places to by from look at shipping cost

I got an e-mail from Cheaper than Dirt yesterday showing a reasonably price for bulk 22. The price was fairly reasonable so I put it in my cart just to check on the shipping out of curosity. The shipping for 500 rounds of bulk 22 was over $22. My dislike for them increased even more (as if it could gotten any worse).

My basement...

If you aren't looking for "plinking ammo" but want the cheapest "self defense" ammo available you will need to determine what exactly you're looking for and then use ammoseek.com or google to find out where it's the cheapest.

Realistically plinking is practice and 99% of the time plinking ammo would probably work just as well as the $1 per round stuff.

For me it's TailGator Ammo and Barbecue Company.

Reloading pistol ammo lets you tailor the ammo to your own preferences, at costs that are usually in the range of 15 to 18 cents a round regardless of caliber if you buy bullets, less if you cast them (I don't).

Lee Classic Turret Press and Webber grills work best for me, often at the same time.

Is it really that expensive to reload? I was always under the impression that one could reload at around 10 cents a round. 15 to 18 cents is getting way too close to what I can buy factory ammunition for at least in 9mm and 40. In fact, due to a mixture of sales, cash back websites, and gift cards I've managed to buy both 9mm and 40 for under 18 cents a round shipped recently.

jasmith85 - the bullet is typically the most expensive part pf reloading. The powder charge for a typical handgun round costs about $.01 to $.02. the primers is about $.03. The cheapest bullets you can buy for 9mm are around $.06. I cast my own bullets and with the cost of lead and other supplies I can make bullets for about $.02 to .03 for 9mm. Larger bullets cost more obviously.

For on-line ammo purchases try Georgia Arms. I've always found it to be quality ammo at good prices. For direct ammo purchases, as much as I hate to shop there Wal-Mart usually has a decent selection and fair prices.

There's really no such thing as 'free shipping'. You pay for it one way or another. Buying ammo(or components) online isn't a good idea in the first place. Shipping and Hazmat fees will negate any savings.
Buy locally. Your local gun shop can order anything you want in any quantity you want. Just be prepared to pay up front.

Back