• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Who has been having trouble connecting: Please report.

Here in Itchy Paw Falls, Texas, it's much faster than it was yesterday.

56k modem, Wichita Falls, TX, Cyberstation ISP.

LawDog

[Edited by LawDog on 12-16-2000 at 02:46 AM]

I have been dealing with the forum loading (stalling) problems for the last two days. Disabling the Cable and Wireless seems to have resolved much of the problem.

Another thing I encountered was that the different forums would not adhere to my preferences, specifically the "Show posts from:" would jump around from "last 5 days" to "last 30 days" depending on which forum I went into. That also seems to have been resolved.

I use AT&T Worldnet, 56K .v90 modem.

I'm on DSL, all my other regularly-visited sites loaded fast/normally.

For the last couple of days, I was wondering what was up with TFL. Very slow page loads.

Problem seems fixed now.

I'm on BellSouth.net in Atlanta.

I was noticing some major slowdowns when loading the forums but today is like a new beginning. Things seem normal.

My connection is 256k DSL from San Salvador, El Salvador.

As of this morning it seeems to be back to normal. THANK GOD! (or whomever your service provider may be)

Mikey

Much better now

I was connecting from home via dial-up 56kb modem with verrrrry sloooooow loads after I connected with TFL. Even at work with a T1 connection, I experienced the same problem. It seems to be OK now. From the Kansas City area - home on the Kansas side and work on the Missouri side. :)

I had problems right before my previous post. Things seem faster this evening. I hope the back button works a bit better now. :D

The site used to go so slow that I'd have to refresh the page constantly. On a few occasions, I'd push the "back" button and get an error of some sort (saying that there was a problem with the server and an e-mail was automatically sent to the webmaster). At that point, I'd just head over to Bowers' board.:( In the last few days, the site has been running fine. TFL is my favorite place to be.:)

I'm near Richmond,VA.Not that much trouble logging-on.However,once I have gotten on,everything appears to take some time to load.

Connecting to TFL did not seem to be affected over the last two days. Accessing the different areas definately slowed down to a crawl over the last two days. I am in the Columbus Ohio area and my internet access is through Road Runner a cable modem connection.

No problems here

I'm in Louisville and I wouldn't have known there was a problem with connecting to TFL if I hadn't read it on another site. So, everything is and was fine with me.

Kentucky Rifle

I was having slowdowns both at home and at work.

At home it's a 56K modem, and at work it's a T1 line. Both were slow there for a couple of days, but both seem to be moving much more rapidly now.

Well...

...despite the restoration of our DSL service, TFL was running slow as molasses flowing up a hillside against the wind on a Maine January night. Up until around 8-ish PM on Friday, at least.

Pages on the site were loading slower through the "Fat Pipe" on Friday than they had been through the emergency dialup connection earlier in the week.

All back to normal now, though, more or less. :D

Not sure when it started working again, but on Thurs. 12-14 and Friday 12-15, I had some problems.

Not sure how it's setup (work comp), but I know it's a T1 line.

All other sites visited were fine. TFL front page loaded okay, although much slower than normal.

Forums page took quite a while to load, and then the specific threads would get to about 40% and stop.

I'm in Reno, Nevada.

Cooking ...!

It may just be a slow period, but my connection to TFL is cooking. I'm at work on a T1, but it's never been quite this fast.

Looks like my only slow down is monitor refresh rate :D:D!!

Back