Who Drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F-F not one! But back in the 60s, I took an advanced driving test, purpose? To lower your cost of insurance. Part of this was exceeding the speed limit on a really good road, called the East Lancs. Ran between Liverpool in Lancashire, to Manchester.
No traffic lights, Roundabouts (Called Traffic Circles!) in the USA. That Americans have trouble with.

Simple rule "IF THERE IS A VEHICLE ON THE ROUNDABOUT, THEY HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY! PERIOD." It gets complicated when it is really busy.

We have visited Ireland twice, rented a car when we flew into Dublin once, and against the instructions of the rental company in the UK, went over on the ferry from Hollyhead in Wales the other time. Had great fun both times.
At the first time, they had a Foot and Mouth scare, so walking to enter your car, there is a pan with disinfectant you walk through when you drive onto the dock, you drive through a disinfectant bath to clean the tires.

A Police Officer stops you and asks a few questions. Do you have other shoes in the Boot (Trunk) I asked him what size he wore? He said 11. I said you can not look, I have a pair of Rocky tactical boots in there.
"I won't take your boots," he said. Then he got the joke, I let him dunk the soles of the boots in the disinfectant. "They are nice boots!" he said.

Coming back, to board the Ferry, you are funnelled into a narrow lane, to have you stop at a booth, where you are questioned by a young Lady Cop.

The sign stated SLOW INSPECTION AHEAD I asked the young Lady why she was slow? She said she wasn't slow! I asked her why she was slow.
She said she wasn't slow. I said the sign said she was! She broke up!
She asked my wife if I was always like this. My wife said always.
The words of advice "On your bike" and pointed ahead. I waved and proceeded, and no problems.

The draft Guinness went down well! Stick shift car, diesel fuel. cheap. Stayed at bed and breakfast places. Two weeks (A fortnight) best food, Pub Food.

Fireforged

Read post #1 & 17, try to comprehend what is being asked and answered.

Maybe look up the definition of “Academic question” so as to allow an intelligent discussion of TACTICS.

Having been in Los Angeles for the “Rodney King riots”. I remember seeing a few examples where “tactical driving” might have helped.

Reginald Denny was driving an 18 wheeler and could have driven out of the situation. Instead he stopped and was beaten almost to death in the middle of the street.

So, is it better to plan for the worst and hope for the best, or should we just stick our heads in the sand and count on the good nature of humans in crises events?

While the opening post could be regarded as "firearms related" under the heading of "Tactics," the discussion went of the rails rather faster than expected. Once people resprt to insulting others rather than refuting statements with facts, it's time to call it a day.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back