Who do you think makes the best leather holsters?

Ozzieman

Who do you think makes the best leather holsters?
This is not about what is best for a specific gun. This asks, which manufacture of leather holsters do you think are the best and last the longest?
For me it’s been Galco.
I have a Galco pancake holster for a Charter arms Bulldog that’s going on 30 years of age. It was a daily carry gun/holster for over 20 years. The holster looks like it’s been dragged behind a car for several miles but the strength of the holster still holds the gun well without straps.
This goes the same for a shoulder rig for a 1911 that is over 25 years of age.
At the same time which manufactures do you think are crap.
Thanks for your input.

There are several outstanding holster makers. Sparks is about as good as they come. I have several of their holsters and a belt. I am perfectly pleased with all of them.

My absolute favorite is Alex Nossar. http://nossargunleather.com/catalog.htm

Other great makers are Del Fatti and Gary Brommeland. Although I am not sure how Gary is doing in regard to his business practices he is a superb holster maker.

A holster by any of the above will give a lifetime of satisfaction and pride of ownership.

Regards,
Jerry

Not to brag,,, but,,,,,

I think I do. ;)
trooper2-lr.jpg

Aarond

not alone

I remain personally partial to Milt Sparks Holsters, Inc., but also recognize there are other artists, too many to name.

I have more Galco brand than all the others combined. Since 1976 (when it was named the Jackass Leather Company).

My 2 bits & greatest hits...

For my $$$, I'd say the "best" working holsters & gear are the horsehide models from Greg Kramer, Kramer Leather. They seem to be very popular with the "quiet professionals" in US military spec ops(SEALs, DEVGRU, CAG, ISA, DIA, ONI, SOAR, etc).
Federal & local sworn LE agents carry duty weapons in Kramer rigs a lot too.

Big ups also go to Galco, Milt Sparks, Bianchi, Alessi, Mitch Rosen, DeSantis.

CF

Who makes the best holsters? Well of course I do.:D All kidding aside, there's many fine holster makers out there. Several have been mentioned in this thread.
Now, back to the holster shop!

Randy

+1 on Galco. I had one that lasted a good 14 years before the thumb break strap cracked pretty deeply. Still, I got more than my money's worth out of it. On the other hand, I have been having wonderful success with holsters from Fist. The holsters are first rate, the prices are reasonable, and the staff is very pleasant to deal with over the phone {even though the nice gal that usually answers the phone talks just like Cyndi Lauper ;)}.

Last edited:
30 yrs old holster..

Stimulate the economy-buy a new one. Another just like you have would help Barry and the Fed guy-Bernanke.

Kusiak Holsters

Ive carried for several months the lCP outside the waistband with an extra mag attached and it's the best holster ive had. Its quite nice , draws quickly which was my concern. Its not bulky at all which was another of my worries.
www.kusiakleather.com

Ttgunleather.com

Attached is one I had made for my HK45c it was the mikes special iwb holster. I opted for elephant trim. Need to place an order for 4 more guns when I have some more free money to burn.
c85cf8a6bf7a9b3031d90a0af51188d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back