Who carries cross draw?

I would never consider carrying a cross draw holster. It's just tactically unsafe. The only time I would ever consider a cross draw holster may be when riding in a car, but taking it off before I get out of a car. One of the most important things to remember when carrying a weapon is weapon retention, and the cross draw method just does not provide that. The last thing you would want to do is get shot by your own gun.

um, sweeping? accidental discharge? I don't place my finger on the trigger until I'm ready to fire, so I'm not to worried about these or shooting myself. Cross draw may have a "Tactical Disadvantage?", but I'm a salesman, not leo or military (anymore). Cross draw is very comfortable, and therefore I'm more apt to have my pistol. I see a tacticle advantage here. Try a few different holsters, and methods of carry until you find what works for you. In my job concealibility is number 1 and comfort is number 2. I don't think the extra 1/20th of a second in draw time is near as much of a disadvantage as having to untuck my shirt first!

I wonder how easy it would be for someone to grab your gun and shoot you with it while wearing crossdraw, especially in a scuffle. The butt of the gun faces forward for easy access. Anyone heard of something like that?

I wonder how easy it would be for someone to grab your gun and shoot you with it while wearing crossdraw, especially in a scuffle. The butt of the gun faces forward for easy access. Anyone heard of something like that?

A good point. Look at how a crossdraw handgun is positioned. It would be mostly positioned on the person's left side and in a position where the grip is facing your "opponent" to your "opponent's" right hand and strong side to most people and the barrel facing in your direction where it is practically saying 'Grab my gun and shoot me..you don't even have to turn the gun"

"....where the grip is facing your "opponent" to your "opponent's" right hand and strong side to most people...." ????? On a r-hand cross draw, the grip would be on the L-side for a r-hand 'opponent'. And how about the small of the back conceal? THAT would be an easier 'grab' by an 'opponent' than a cross draw where the gun in in the person's front.

Back