Which would you buy?

Usn:

The lawnmower reference was regarding the feel and function of the mini. It was unpleasant to shoot. Where most of my other guns are like a ride in a cadillac, the mini that I fired was like running a riding mower over mole hills.

As you yourself said, YMMV. the mini that I fired, in blk, didn't function as well as I thought a rifle that approached $1,000 should.

As far as riding it out? That's really too simple. I'm not getting them. I'm not waiting for anything.
10-4..I get it. 'Maybe' I'm just not as learned as you, not criticizing. But the mini14 was fun, reliable, accurate, for ME..shot it yesterday. Compares favorably with other son's Ruger 556..both fun. Enjoy the Mini-14 by a wee bit..

Yup, YMMV.

USN, The biggest problem that I had with it in .300 with the heavy rounds was that the bolt rattled back and forth with a big old slam, a bit of a twist, a clatter, a clank, and every other noise that it could think of. Not so notable to someone who has spent a lifetime on semiautos, I suppose.

My comments about accuracy were strictly limited to the fact that I fired two rifles that day and the mini was significantly less accurate.

Back