Which semi-auto to shoot for that one 'perfect shot'?

Gremlin

Work out your own scenario--whether it's the bullseye to win the tournament, the bad guy in your house with your daughter as a hostage, Saddam Hussein in your sights, etc.--which is the semi-auto that you want in your hand for that single shot? That one shot with no margin for error and no chance for a "re-do"? Miss and you're out (or your daughter's dead, or the madman gets away, whatever), delivered from 30 feet in normal lighting conditions and a tremendous amount of tension resting on the outcome of a perfect shot...

For me, if the chips were down and I only had one shot for all the marbles, it wouldn't be any of my most expensive weapons. It would be my 9mm CZ-75B with S&B ammo. Inexpensive gun, inexpensive ammo, but for some reason, with that combination I can bear down and deliver 5 rounds into a dixie cup.

What's your choice of weapon and ammo?

One shot at 30'. . .

I'd have my Witness in 9x23W in single action mode. That pistol is super accurate and shoots like a dream!

That or my Glock 20. I have put so much ammo through that 10mm that the "Safe Action" trigger is breaking well under 4.75lbs now.

Derek

Interesting question. I regularly use the IDPA Classifier course for practice and to track improvement (or lack thereof :)).

I shoot this with a Les Baer Concept VII, Kimber Classic Custom, S&W Performance Center Model 945 (Commander length), SV Infinity Compact and Glock 34.

Based on my latest analysis, I average fewer dropped points with the S&W 945. Whether this means that the gun is more accurate than the others or I just shoot it better, I'm not sure. I guess it means that this is the gun I'd use to take that critical shot though.

FEG Hi -Power 9mm and a 15 shot ram-line magazine. Its not the most expensive piece I own but i shoot it the best. I'd want a 115 grain silvertip or PMC Starfire.

My next choice would be my Colt 1917 Army Revolver in 45 ACP with a cylinder full of 230 gr hydrashocks. One look at the size of that beast should send most mortal men running in fear. ;)

Of the guns I own ? CZ 75.

Of the guns I don't own: a custom tailored 1911, a Sig p210, an HK Expert, a custom Hi power...a number of guns would suffice. Based on its rep I would go with the Sig 210.

Of those I own? My Springfield loaded gov't 1911.

Of any I could choose? A quality custom gov't 1911.

Taking 1911s out of the equation, I would opt for either a CZ 75 or a Browning Hi-Power.

Believe it or not My HK Mark23 with any ammo..
Don't use this as the home defense pistol though
I use the HK .45 compact with night sights and
the UTL flashlight with Winchester silvertips.
This little compact is very accurate and It comes
in 3rd after the P7 for accuracy..
Love posts like this....
PS
Happy New Year MTAA!!!!

Hey guys these are great post:) I Love it!!!!!
Anyway I would use my Beretta 92f Italian made baby:)
Assuming the scumbag had a hostage near and dear to me,I would scrambble his brains for him.Yep I would
send him to hell courtesy of Beretta via the Cor Bon express!
This post is for entertainment purposes only:)
45automan

Colt Delta Elite in 10mm, cocked and locked for a single-action shot, with the original Norma 200 gr truncated cone charge. Might rattle my gun apart, but you did say one shot!

Back