Which S&W revolver to get?

Around here, freedom in any form is treated as a liability, and none more so than the freedom to own firearms. To combat these liabilities, the EU and the local government competes with each other to come up with increasingly troublesome rules and regulations, and as of right now the paperwork takes a few months for every single handgun. That is when you have a sport shooters license in the first place, which takes two years to get.

All they need to do is adopt the same gun laws that Chicago in the USA has, that seems to have worked out great for them ........... :rolleyes:

I am with those who say "Without a doubt, the Model 66," but my reason is a tad different:

The Model 66 is an endangered species; if you let this one go, you may never have another chance. The L-Frames, on the other hand, are modern current production; you can go out and buy one (and, if necessary, order one) any time you please.

Since we are all products of our own biases, you should know mine: I just about never shoot .357 Magnum rounds out of my K-Frame .357 Magnum revolvers. My reason, though, has more to do with the fact that I find real full-house .357 loads unpleasant to shoot in a K-Frame revolver, and if I feel the need to blast some .357 ammo, I have a number of N-Frame .357s from which to choose. On the other hand, I regard a K-Frame .357 Smith & Wesson loaded with middlin' to hot .38 Special ammo to be just about the epitome of firearms art and efficiency, and for many years my default carry gun was a 3" bull barrel Model 65 loaded with nearly full punch .38s.

Buy what feels best in your hand and which trigger feels best for you.

I have several S&W with locks. Never had an issue with any after hundreds and hundreds of rounds.

The Performance Center revolvers have a trigger job and smoother internals. They are always my first choice.

I have 3 PC
629 7.5" Hunter 44 Mag 6 shots
586 L Comp 357 Mag 3" 7 shots
627 357 5" 357 Mag 8 shots

Good luck. 4" barrels are a great choice for revolver length for size, handling and concealment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back