Votes: 12 18.2%
  • 9mm

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • 22 Magnum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SOMETHING ELSE

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Good thread--I've been looking at LCRs in stores lately and love the trigger pull and also the compact size.

It's bigger than my little pocket .380 but more powerful, and seems as concealable (more, even) than the single-stack 9mm's that are so popular.

I've also had my little pocket gun choke on spent brass twice (out of about 500 rounds, probably "limp writing" but the little guys are prone to malfunctions no matter what).

Has anyone here fired, or owned, the LCR in 9mm? I thought that actually was a pretty good concept, if only because 9mm is so easy to come by and affordable. 9mm has a bit less recoil than 38 special, correct?

Revolvers are completely new to me, but I hope to get out to a range and rent a couple just to try them out. I may eventually get one. My primary carry is a 9mm semi auto that has never had a single malfunction in over 2500 rounds (12 round capacity) but for smaller or deeper concealment, I'm thinking an LCR would be an utterly reliable alternative to the error-prone .380 semi-autos.

I also want to get a .22 single-action revolver, just because I'm hooked on westerns and they just look so cool :)

I am hunting for the 327mag version, I hope to find one some day......plenty of 38's around but no 327. I also would not mind a 9mm version. I also wish they would expand the LCRX line up.

smee78, Gallery of Guns (Davidson's Inc. firearms distributing) has had 13 of the .327 LCRs in stock for the last week.

Pick a dealer from the list, and it gets shipped straight to them, after you pay the initial deposit and fees. Once the FFL receives the firearm, they call you and collect the remainder of the balance.

Average "total price" for the .327 LCR shipped to FFLs in my area is about $565. (With $540 min, $609 max.)

If you've never dealt with GoG, don't be scared. They're reputable and easy to work with. I've bought multiple firearms through them, as have many other members here.

They also have 17 of the 4.2" SP101s (my favorite 327 ;)).

---

I'm surprised by the number of .327 LCRs in the poll, versus the .38s/.357s. I know there's a higher percentage of "enthusiasts" on this forum than out in the world; but it still surprises me.

Which LCR caliber did you decide to purchase and why?
- .38: I found a decent used deal on one that had hardly been fired at my LGS. It has a CT laser grip, which I like. I also replaced the front sight with a Hi-VIZ green fiber optic.

Do you conceal carry it?
- Yes, it is my main EDC. I generally pocket carry it in a pocket holster, but I will also carry it in a jacket pocket.

Any regrets with your choice?
- Nope. I really like it.

Any favorable aspects as to why you went with your caliber?
- Better caliber than the .22's, but it's lighter than then .357, .327 or the 9mm.

Please share.

Only the 22LR version at this point. Like it for casual plinking. I got it because I like 22's. Occasionally carry it concealed.

The 38spl version interests me.

at one point i had 3 lcr: 38, 22wmr and 22lr. i only have the 22lr now, which i like for its 8 shot capacity and soft shooting, and i do carry it regularly.

38 was too much hand pain after 50 range rounds (if i cannot comfortably practice with a piece i do not keep it). 22wmr was too much flashbang (although i love 22wmr out of a 5.5" ruger single six).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have both the 2" and the 3" in .38.

They are the lightest and carry the largest projectiles.

The 2" has boot grips and is perfect for the pocket. The 3" has the extra large grip and the longer barrel gives great ballistics and sight radius.

They are near perfect revolvers for carry.

I have a 9mm LCR and like it. I was my primary carry gun until I purchased a Khar CM9. The Khar is just smaller and conceals better. When I carried the LCR I also carried a spare moon clip in a plastic 35mm film canister with a little packing foam in the bottom of the canister the moon clip fits perfect in it.

wife and I both have 38+p and I pocket carry mine every chance I get. my oldest is getting his CC permit so seriously thinking about giving him my 38 and getting a 357.hers is loaded with 125 grain golden sabers and I have mine loaded with the 158 grain fbi load...

I used to own a 357 LCR. But I went to a Sheild as my EDC. But the LCR was accurate out to 20 yards (3" groups from a rest - sometimes better). It kicked like a mule with 357 loads though and was no fun to shoot with them. That LCR had a better DA trigger than any of the Colt Pythons I've shot (blasphemy - I know :D). Bottom line, it's a great gun if you're willing to carry/shoot the low round count and carry the bulk of a revolver.

No pictures???

I can't believe a whole thread without one photo!:confused:

Here's a pic of my current collection, the three amigo's.
Top Right is my latest 3" LCRX in .38 +P with the hogue grips from the LCR.
To the left is the .357 magnum LCR with the Hogue boot grips
Bottom right is the .38 special LCRX with the Hogue Boot grips.

Just some notes. All the grips are interchangeable, the 2 finger Hogue tamer, the Hogue boot grips, and the larger (not shown but used quite often at the range) Hogue no finger groover longer tamer grips. But as you can see, the Boot grip on the LCRX will not allow single action, but the double action only works fine, and since I shoot this 99 percent double action, I am not that worried about it. If I wanted to dremel the top, the single action could work, but I like being able to hold higher on the LCRX with these boot grips.

I really like the new addition of the 3" LCRX. It has all the advantages of the medium size revolver with the attributes of the super lightweight carry, longer sight radius and longer bore. Carrying it is as easy as all the others except for pocket carry.

When it comes to the issue of limited capacity, carrying one AIWB and one in the pocket yield the ten round limit for CA anyways, and two are just as easy to carry and conceal. But around the ranch, one 5 shot revolver is plenty for everyday carry, with various loads from snake to Buffalo bore hard cast.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 3 Amigo's.jpg
    3 Amigo's.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 252
I don't own one, but it's on my list.

I'd be interested in the .38 models as well as the 22LR.

It sounds like most people love the triggers on these guns.

Back