• 9mm

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • 22 Magnum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SOMETHING ELSE

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

usmcxd

Which LCR caliber did you decide to purchase and why?

Do you conceal carry it?

Any regrets with your choice?

Any favorable aspects as to why you went with your caliber?

Please share.

Yes it gets carried. 6 rounds is better than 5. I reload .327 so it was a no brainer. It can shoot more different cartridges than any of the other lcr's.

38 Spcl. +P. 4oz less weight was more important to me than the extra power of the magnum. Also preceived carry weight more important than preceived recoil that many get the magnum gun to shoot standard, or +P 38 Spcl. in to reduce.
Carried mostly in Winter aa a coat pocket gun.

- .38 SP;
- no regrets
- Occasionally carry in SOB holster at 4:00; tried a Desantis Nemesis just didn't like pocket carry
- Added a larger Hogue grip

.38 LCRX
.357 Mag LCR, either or both carried in pocket or AIWB.
Trying out the LCR in a shoulder holster today.

I like those LCR's so much and after seeing that I got 1027 fps out of my LCRX snub, I decided to
order a 3" LCRX .38 special for woods carry with BB bore +P 158 grain Outdoorsman. Should be getting 1070 to1100 fps with that in the 3".
Only black bear, big cats, wild boars, coyotes, rattle snakes around these parts.

With that latitude in loads will make a perfect kit gun!
515 fps to 1100.

.327......a powerful round....an extra round in the cylinder....very accurate.....can use 32 H&R, 32 S&W Long and 32S&W for softer practice rounds or to teach someone to shoot.....I carry it in my front pocket.

I did not vote since I do not own one yet, but when I do, it will be the .327 Fed Mag. I am holding out that they will release one with the 3" barrel.

.327 is a highly UNDERrated caliber is so many ways. Like stated before, it has the ability to shoot the .32 H&R, .32 S&W long, short, and .32 ACP. Lots of options.

I own the 22 Long Rifle, and owned the 357. The 357 was brutal. It was like slamming your hand in a car door every time I fired it. I have SP101s, a Model 60, and several other small 357s. NONE are anywhere near as bad as the LCR. I sold it.

I kept the 22 LR LCR. My wife likes shooting it. She has close to 10,000 rounds through it, and has never had an issue. It shoots well, and the sights are dead on at 10 yards. Her eyes aren't the best anymore, and the small sights were difficult for her. I put a Crimson Trace laser grip on it, and she has claimed it as "hers"

Which LCR caliber did you decide to purchase and why?
---.38spl, to match caliber with my S&W Model 10's & my 642. I'm primarily a semiauto guy, so my few revolvers are for range or collection fun mostly.

Do you conceal carry it?
---Occasionally, both the 642 & the LCR. The LCR wears bantam grips & is a pocket carry; the 642 has a delta grip so it's a waistband carry. They also serve as vehicle guns (no worries with bullet setback with repeated loading & unloading like you'd have with a semiauto)

Any regrets with your choice?
---None at all. Absolutely love the trigger. It - like all snubbies - is a challenge to shoot well, though.

Any favorable aspects as to why you went with your caliber?
---See first answer. .38spl standard or +P out of the short barrel suits me fine.

38 special, pocket carried alot, IMHO the 158+p LSWCHP FBI load is about as good as it gets in a lightweight snub.

Got to handle the 3" LCRX today at the local gunshop. I put off buying because his price was so much higher than online, but jeez, I feel like a creep playing with the gun in his shop an then going and buying somewhere else!:rolleyes:
He's also a good friend, so I might just bite the bullet and pay a little more cash to support his local shop.

Anyways, what a nice piece! It's huge compared to the little LCR's and LCRX snubbie! Looks even larger than a Ruger sp101 next to it. But then when you pick it up, what a dream. So light! Handle nice, nice trigger, no problem with the ejector star wandering out of place, (like they are sometimes known to do and have to go back to Ruger for warranty. Very nice balance to it, and the large hogue grips feels no nice, like Rubber Jordan Troopers which they look like a copy of.

(Never end your sentences with a prep)

--Which LCR caliber did you decide to purchase and why?
.327 Federal. I like the cartridge, and I like to be a little different. It's also a fairly versatile chambering.

--Do you conceal carry it?
Yep. It splits time with my LCP, but the LCR has been the EDC for the last few weeks.

--Any regrets with your choice?
Nope. I want an LCRx in .327 Federal, with a 4" barrel, now. (Doesn't exist. :()

--Any favorable aspects as to why you went with your caliber?
See above comments about .327 Federal.

--Which LCR caliber did you decide to purchase and why?
38 special, because that's what they happened to have at the LGS

--Do you conceal carry it?
Sometimes. See below

--Any regrets with your choice?
I shot my friend's 357 and didn't realize that it is slightly heavier than the 38 version. I can shoot his just fine, but in my giant hands the 38 special version was only somewhat controllable. I put the larger grips on it and can shoot it just fine now, but it isn't as concealable with the bigger grips.

--Any favorable aspects as to why you went with your caliber?
I like 38 snubs and can shoot it well with the LRX grips. The trigger is fantastic.

Have both 327 and 38 spl

327......a powerful round....an extra round in the cylinder....very accurate.....can use 32 H&R, 32 S&W Long and 32 S&W for softer practice rounds or to teach someone to shoot.....I carry it in my front pocket.

Ditto...and I reload so ammo is not a problem.

Also have the 38 spl LCRx just 'cause I load and shoot a lot of 38 spl. Don't carry this one.

I have a drawer full of S&W 32, 38 and 357 mag J frames but the Ruger LCR triggers are FAR better and shoot just as well.

.357 but I only shoot 38 out of it. I rented a 38 and did not like it even with standard pressure range ammo. The steel frame really makes a difference and the extra weight is not a problem for me, even for pocket carry. No regrets at all but if there was a steel framed 38 option, I would have just done that.

Lol, nobody has said .22 Magnum yet. For obvious reasons, it's a complete waste.

Don't have one and only plan to get two when Ruger comes out with the 3 inch (or longer!) LCRx in .22 Long Rifle and .327 Magnum.

If talking about the LCR, the only one I'd consider is .327 for the extra chamber.

LCR 327

I previously pocket-carried an LCR 38 in a right front pocket holster. It was a great little gun and game-changer when I got it. This gun effectively retired my J-Frames.

Then came the LCR 327. It holds six rounds instead of five. It recoils like .38 +p but splits water bottles like a .357 magnum. Ammo is less common but you can order it online or ask your local shop to start carrying it. This gun effectively retired my LCR 38.

I have the LCR .38 +P. I've put a trijicon sight on it and the grips from the LCRX 3". What a difference those grips make for holding on to the thing! I carry the gun regularly in rotation with my CA .44 Bulldog pug. After carrying around the Bulldog, the LCR feels light as a feather.

Back