Which Ruger IV For Home Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest fallacy in the OP's thinking, and thetre are many, is the head shot theory. You may be able to hit the head area of a stationary target, but hitting an area of the head that will cause instant incapacitation is not nearly as likely on a moving, attacking threat.

The biggest fallacy in the OP's thinking, and thetre are many, is the head shot theory. You may be able to hit the head area of a stationary target, but hitting an area of the head that will cause instant incapacitation is not nearly as likely on a moving, attacking threat.

A while back there was a post of a knife attack on a police officer from her body cam. One thing that puzzled me for a while was why she was shooting him in the lower abdomen. It finally registered that she was looking at the threat (the knife) and so that's where she was shooting.

That was sort of an AHA moment for me. Under threat, we aren't going to be cooly determining where we want to place shots. We will be laser focused only on the perceived threat, and you can't shoot at what you aren't looking at.

Here’s a test for the OP. Buy a cheap toy football at a dollar store. With the pistol laying on a bench, have someone standing behind the shooter gently lob the ball down range. Not hard but just enough for the ball to travel 10/15 yards. When the OP sees the ball, he picks up the pistol and shoots it once. The “lobber”, by moving from side to side, can vary the flight of the ball from a going away shot to a crosser.

When the OP can consistently hit it 10 for 10 with no malfunctions, he’s good to go and should post a vid here. When I see the vid I’ll formally apologize for thinking this is the dumbest thread I’ve seen in a long time. Or maybe a troll.

waste time trying to correct someone who can't be corrected.

7ac.jpg

Are we close to the part where if there is a God moderation comes in and says question asked and answered and closes the thread?

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back