Which Revolver?

Doug 29,

If you want to buy a new S&W, you are going to, I guess. But pointing to other companies abiding by laws and putting locks on their guns won't make it right.

S&W didn't follow a few laws. They agreed to do something that the Klintons tried to force on the other companies, and to try to get ahead (get out of the lawsuits and to get police business), they agreed to screw over their customers and their dealers. They wanted to affect the way the dealers do business.

If you want to buy a new gun from S&W, you should be able to get a really good deal. Nobody else, or at least not many are buying them. Most guys I know won't. I won't. And I have a really outstanding example of S&W's work. I am in the market for another revolver, but it won't be a S&W.

Just my opinion.

Casey

The S&W's are good guns. I collect some of them myself as well as restoring S&W ammo. I think the best carry gun ever made is the S&W 28. I am a firm believer in the S&W. BUT, after they rolled over and played dead for the Klintonians, I WOULD NOT BUY A NEW S&W FOR ANY REASON. I am still acquiring pre-10's, victorys, 1917, and 28's BUT NO NEW ONES.

Wise word of caution if you decide on a 44 mag for HD. DON'T use 44 mags in it, but use the 44 special load. 44mag is a great cartridge for hunting or target shooting, but for defense it has the problem of passing on thru.

Casey said:

"S&W didn't follow a few laws. They agreed to do something that the Klintons tried to force on the other companies, and to try to get ahead (get out of the lawsuits and to get police business), they agreed to screw over their customers and their dealers. They wanted to affect the way the dealers do business. "

Huh? Just what laws did S&W break? They followed all the laws, but were being blackmailed by HUD and several big city mayors. S&W gave in to blackmail. But they didn't break any laws.

M1911

I will also have to say Dan Wesson.
7460rowland-l.jpg

CASEY

You made several good points, friend. But I feel that building locks into the guns, plus abiding by crazy state laws (no spine?),is caving into the anti-gun crowd! If we're willing to buy those products, there won't be a gun available WITHOUT a built-in lock! That's not MY idea of a 2nd Ammendment friendly company. Hopefully, this new Administration will put an end to this madness. (I'm also in favor of boycotting Canada, including products made there!)

It depends what you want. I have a S&W 629 and a Taurus Ultra-Lite 38. I would look at the Dan Wesson and the Taurus. I really like the new titanium tracker from Taurus and have thought about the 41mag. I hate to say it but I like the S&W Mountain Lite. I really like bigger bores and am setup for 44mag/spcl reloading. The gun weighs a little over 1#. Though only five shots, the 44spcl is as, if not more effective than the 45acp.

tjg

Back