Which of these Smiths is the Belle of the Ball?

Which of these Smiths is the Belle of the Ball?

• Mod.19, 4" RB

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • Mod.640 "Lew Horton" Carry Comp

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Mod.686, 2.5" RB

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Mod.25-2, 6.5"

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Mod.28, "Highway Patrolman"

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Mod.36, 3"HB

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Mod.686, 6"

Votes: 14 18.7%

• Total voters
That long barreled Mod. 25 is a sweet looking piece. It would be my choice.

The grip on the Mod. 19 looks like someone took a bunch of tootsie rolls, melted them together and shoved them on :D (I'm being nice here, it also looks like a chunk of something else... :eek: )

Sorry, sorry, sorry, I had to say it! It does look comfortable to shoot though.

Kilgor

For what it's worth, I found the Highway Patrolman ok if you are sitting in the car. For foot use, I liked the 19 much better...a matter
of weight on the war belt!
Dan

Well, gee, I know I voted for the 19 and everything, but the lack of votes for that groovy little 640 Carry Comp has amazed me. It's such a cool little gun I almost feel sorry for it... :(

Perhaps if lendringser lets me take it out shooting, it won't feel so lonely. :D

And the winner is...

sw36mini.jpg

I love the 36, especially 3 inchers. It's the perfect 38 snub.

BTW, your collection isn't complete without a good old K22.

Could be hazardous to get a K22, next would be Model 16 K32 and they would be lonesome without a K38 to keep em company.

Darn things are habit forming.

Sam

Thanks, Son. I'm rather fond of it myself. :)

Looks like the Model 19 so far got as many votes as the #2 and #3 choices combined. It's such a graceful-looking handgun...even with the Tootsie Roll grips. :D

I am surprised that the 686 6" pulled as many votes as it did, being the most "plain-jane" and common choice on the list. I thought for sure the 25 would get more votes. Then again, I didn't realize the Highway Patrolman was held in such high regard by fellow wheelgun nuts. It is a pretty cool piece of hardware...

I can't help it, I just have a thing for those "outdated" revolvers, especially if they have a "&" in the brand name and were manufactured prior to the mid-1990s. Right now I have a lead on a Model 10 M&P with aluminum frame, unfired, in the original box.

I carry the Model 19 most often, although sometimes the snubbies pull CCW duty...and occasionally, I do give my SIG P225 the nod. Somehow, I don't feel underarmed, even though I am not toting a box of ammo in my gun whenever I step out the door.

Back