Which might be more effective 9mm@1200fps or .45@850fps?

:D Who needs an excuse, as long as it's a Colt? :D

Life is too short to:

1. F!@K ugly women
2. Drink cheap booze
3. Buy K!M3ERs

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts, it may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok
Remember: When you attempt to rationalize two inconsistent positions, you risk drowning as your own sewage backs up.
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG

What a can of worms.

My .02:

Go with the one you shoot the best, worry very little about caliber as long as its a major caliber. Nobody anywhere at any time can predict bullet performance. Its just too complicated with too many variables.

Have to take issue with the FMJ crowd here though. The hollowpoint design simply transfers energy better and will be more effective, overall, than FMJ. As long as hollowpoints are available, use them.

This, of course, could go on forever. As Col. Cooper says, the most important factor is mindset.

On the other hand, I have a real-world analogy for you guys to contemplate. This won't be covered in any of the gunrags:

Would you rather be stabbed really quickly with a penknife, or very slowly with a Bowie knife? I know what my answer is!!!

------------------
Shoot to kill; they'll stop when they're dead!

Back