Which IWB holster do you prefer?

Kramer IWB #2 in mahogany horsehide. I've got 2 and have carried a Sig 220 and a Glock 23(or 27) in 'em. Very comfortable, very fast, and they wear like iron.

I have a Bianchi Pistol Pocket for my 45 Combat Commander. It has a screw adjustment for tilt and a fast break snap on strap. I prefer this holster for "cocked & locked" carry mode with strap under hammer. Comfortable.

I have a Kramer # 3 IWB in black cowhide for my SIG P239 - 9mm. It has no retention strap and really doesn't need one since it is carried with hammer down for DA first shot. Nice holster with excellent custom molding to fit gun. Very comfortable.
(Note: Kramer tells me their IWB for SIG 239 does not fit a 40S&W or 357SIG ... I assume those versions of P239 are thicker (???)

I've heard great things about Milt Sparks products and assume the current management is carrying on his legacy.

------------------
Always Condition Yellow

Depends what I am carrying. If it is a Kel-tec, then I carry that in a Don Hume IWB holster. I generally like to carry my other guns in paddle or "pancake holsters if i am wearing a Jacket.

------------------
"what gives a government that arms the whole world the right to disarm it's own citizens?"

Using a Galco Royal Guard, horsehide, for my 1911.

Bought it new on special FFL sale, but like it so much I kept it. Stiff, secure, stays located on belt, good draw angle, and horsey wears forever.

(Normally I'm a Milt Sparks man)

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

[This message has been edited by WESHOOT2 (edited January 14, 2000).]

Mitch Rosen makes great holsters--I have an
ARG and a 5JR.
Agreed they are not cheap,but nobody ever
regretted buying quality.The "Leather Lightning"is good too.

I have a Kydex.
It is custom made to fit my pistol. (Walther P99) The price was right $50.00. It was carried as stock on hand. It fits. :) It does what it is supposed to. :)

------------------
Just as there is no such thing as too much fun,
there is no such thing as owning just one gun!!!

Now, go do the right thing, and buy that Walther!!

denfoote,

What brand of kydex holster did you get? I'm trying to find one for a P228.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Gotta go with the classics. Sparks summer special for me.

bkm...

------------------
Anyone worth shooting, is worth shooting twice...

Kydex Sidearmor....love the 15 degree cant, how it fits my Glock 30 like a glove, the adjustable retention level, interchangable belt loop size. www.sidearmor.net If you have a glock you can't go wrong with these!

Got to agree, Side Armor makes an excellent holster for Glocks.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

my favorite iwb holster is the braveheart by ky-tac.
skd0102.gif

why? because its a kydex holster formed on an actual gun, that DOESN'T SHIFT during the course of the day. the first grip you get is the grip you live or die with, so don't get an iwb with a propensity to start rotating back from the grip weight. i've tried many iwb leather holsters (my first pistol holster ever was a ted blocker lfi), and other iwb kydex, and the ky-tac braveheart is best i've yet to use.
best regards,
joe

------------------
www.skdtac.com
tactical accessories for self-defense and le

Kramer horsehide works for me. However, Greg wouldn't make an IWB for my H&K P7M8. He reckons that the high centre of gravity of this pistol mitigates against an IWB. He experimented with several variations but being a perfectionist never got it to his own satisfaction.
I used a Horseshoe Leather IWB to my complete satisfaction, before acquiring a (rare)original Brommeland which was a work of art.
Leather Arsenal do nice IWBs, I got one for my Glock before leaving it overseas as a present from a good fiend who needed a decent holster.
Finally, Mitch Rosen produces an excellent IWB, the Ayoob Rearguard, which looks as if it shouldn't work, but does.

------------------
Check Six
Dennis

A Sidearmor IWB holds my Glock 27. The pistol stays where it should all day, it's a very comfortable rig. I've just purchased a Glock 30 and will stay with the Sidearmor holster.

Back