Which IWB holster do you prefer?

I have one made by FIST for my Beretta. Its
leather and can be worn either inside or out.
The straps for inside use are screwed on so they can be removed and the holster can be worn on the belt, it also has a slight forward cant
Why do I like it? It was custom fitted to the Beretta and the gun fits real good, The above mentioned features and the price was right

Happy Shooting :)

------------------
Help Stamp Out Gun Ignorance.

I don't like any rig that has my pants dropping when I take my weapon out of it! :eek:

[This message has been edited by James Montes (edited January 13, 2000).]

Kramer IWB#3 (cow/unlined)- fits the gun, fits me and comfortable.

Milt Sparks Heritage (cow/lined)- classy, comfortable and fits great!

DeSantis Inner Piece (cow/rso)- probably the most comfortable, thin, fits...

Mikey

I carry my 1911, Glock 23 and Colt Pony in Alessi IWB "Talon" holsters. The leather is thin, holds its shape and I find them very comfortable during extended wear.

Like Sarge55, I use Alessi's Talon IWB holsters for a Glock 17 and 19. Also the Talon for a Colt Detective Special and a Smith & Wesson M19/66, 2.5".
For me they are comfortable, well made, and when properly attached to your belt impossible to "draw with your pistol."
The patented J hook prevents that problem.
Alessi Talon's are also affordable.
try http://www.rfholsters.com
Regards.
usncorpsman

I carry my 1991A1 Compact in an Alessi Talon.

I carry my Kahr K9 in a Milt Sparks SS-2.

Both are fine examples of quality leather holsters.

M/D Enterprises YCS. I designed it and it is the most comfortable IWB available anywhere. It is leather, but I have mine made the way it was intended with leather rough side out and no belt slots. Mark made it pretty to try to justify the expense. It is extremely difficult to make. Gordon Davis refused to make it when I first presented it to him because it was so difficult to incorporate all the features and still be able to make it for a reasonable price. The holster can be worn for 12-14 hours a day and requires no break in to wear, just for the gun.

Hey, why is it that all of you use a leather IWB in lieu of a nylon?

CMOS

------------------
GOA, TSRA, LEAA, NRA, SAF and I vote!

I got a fist for my G26, fits great and very comfortable. I'm looking at a Sidearmor for my G19 probably buy one next week.

VM2 by Sparks for my ultra elite and officer ltwt. Can be worn with or without belt by changing the loops for clips. Holds the butt of the pistol flat against my back with or without belt. Won't print and is tuckable as well. Very flexible, comfortable rig.

[This message has been edited by ak9 (edited January 14, 2000).]

Milt Sparks Heritage. Why I like leather? Although a Kydex holster will remain for eons after I'm dead and gone, I like the looks and feel of good leather. And for those of us who eat beef, it's also a good way of utilizing the 'whole animal' (right up there with Jello and Elmer's Glue).

I've used a Kramer IWB for a Colt Officers Model and a Galco Royal Gaurd for a Govt. Model. I found the RG to be the more comfortable of the two.

Why leather? because guns shouldn't be made of plastic and neither should holsters. :)

I've got a Mitch Rosen ARG and love it. It's got minamal leather and a extremly pronounced rake that fits me extremly well. My Govt 45 just dissapears under a T shirt and shorts in the summer. While it's expensive and had to wait almost 4 months to me it's well worth it.

Another vote for the Alessi Talon Plus. I daily carry my S&W 638 in one and and it's comfort plus and very secure. $59 delivered to your door. Can't beat it.

------------------
Join the NRA.

DeSantis #023-85, leather, ~$35 for 1911 style/BHP. Very comfortable & like Joey, the BHP disappears with just a long T-shirt.

I'm 5'17", ~175lbs & a lot of holsters make me look like I'm smuggling auto parts. This one does the trick very well, inexpensive & well made.

My preferred material for IWB holsters is probably Kydex, due to its slim profile, shape retention, sweat resistance, and ease of maintenance. I carry my Glock 26 in a Kydex IWB made by Arizona Tactical Accessories. It's worked fine for me during the two years I've worn it.

[This message has been edited by jimmy (edited January 14, 2000).]

Mitch Rosen ARG. It has the needed leather and no more, it fits tight on the belt so it will be exactly where you put it when you reach in a hurry for it, the quality is second to none, and it holds the gun very tight to the body for max concealment.

Leather is more comfortable, forgiving, and better looking then other materials. I also will not where the clothes as fast as nylon or KYDEX.

I cast my vote for the Mitch Rosen ARG. I have the DL version for my Walther P99 which means that it has a double loop. The craftsmanship is superb and the quality of the leather is first class. I can only compare this holster to ones made by M/D enterprises and FIST as I have products made by both and they don't compare to Rosen's work. I have another on the way for my Kimber Pro Elite and cant wait to strap it on. I hear great things about Lou Alessi and I plan to give him a try soon

Back