which is better

which would you chose

• Savage 10/110-11/111

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Browning AB3

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have found some nice used 110e rifles in 30-06 I have been considering getting one and upgrading to make a good hunting/shooting rifle

many shops offer layaway programs. can get what you want but dont have to pay all at once. have a nikon monarch 3 4-16x 42. total cost 460. for my rem 700 in 7mm 08.

picked up the rem while shopping for a savage 116 in 7-08.

I have looked at the layaway programs that are offered online but most of the places around here dont do it. Gander mountain wants you to buy a credit card and dicks sporting goods Ive never heard of them doing lay a way program. I think a savage rifle will do me just fine for my needs and it sounds like the best all around rifle in the price range

I have shot an old Ruger M77 in 7mm Mag for 42 years and with one exception never had a problem with it. Those were good rifles, shot well functioned well. I finally sold it off as I have several rifles and really didn't shoot that one other than hunting.
I have several 06's, mostly Remington 1903s and 1903A3s. One is a sporterized 1903 Springfield circa 1920. It's 100% reliable and that is one I shoot for fun and hunting.
Then there are a couple Savages and a Remington 700, all heavy barrels more for target shooting but could use them for hunting. My only gripe with the Savages are the feed problems they seem to have from time to time. I would not use mine in bear country, nor would I use some of the Rem .338 Ultra Mags, same problem.
I think if I were in deer country I would most likely go with a Remington 700 classic in 6.5 Creedmoor. Great deer round, great rifle and very reliable. Or, frankly, stay with the sporterized Springfield 06!

Good luck.

I wouldn't buy either one, but the Browning is lighter, so easier to hunt with. The Savage is heavier by, about 3 lbs., so could be better for more range shooting. However, the savage has a downward comb angle and the Browning is upward, so it should reduce felt recoil.

Winchester Mod. 70 is hard to beat, though I don't care for controlled round feed, especially for range use.

JP

That Savage weights the same as my Ruger No.1B. And I have a 26" barrel!
Just looking at over-all length and weight, I'd opt for the Browning. When you get to the top of the hill, you'll know why. In the end, which ever one you settle on will get the job done.
Also on Bud's site, check the Browning AB3 in wood. Rather nice.

Last edited:
Back