Which handgun would you like but probably never own?

Pond James Pond

Could be exclusivity, could be price or restrictions, or other reasons but which handgun would you like but would probably never own?

For me, it’s probably either a Ruger Toklat in .454 Casull or a Glock G20.

In the case of the former, no one imports Rugers anymore and do getting one is costly beyond reason. I like it because it is a portable cannon that I think is still a reasonable sized for every day carry.

The G20 is a Glock and I like Glocks. Not crazy about them, but they’re a decent gun that’s pretty resilient, but the real treat is the chambering: I like 10mm Auto. The same way I like .44Spl. Which is a lot. The main difference is I’ve never shot a 10mm. Yet somehow I know I’d like it. Sadly, whilst Glocks are popular, there is no market for 10mm and so none are sold.

So what do you pine for and why?

Easy question.
Freedom Arms Model 97 Premier Grade with 5 1/2" barrel in .327 Federal Mag with a 32-20 conversion cylinder.

I sold my FA .454 Casull because I had my fun with the hand cannon but the workmanship on that pistol was simply stunning. I'd have another in a minute if one fell off a truck.

Original Sig P210 military 9mm. Too pricey. Also the H&K P7 or P13. They have spiked up in the $3500 range

Sig P210 Target for one. Just can't justify the price
Same with a S&W Model 41
Then there's the maybe some day. S&W 4" 617. First shot one years ago for my CCW qualification. Thought it was one of the sweetest revolvers I ever shot. But my own stubbornness has prevailed. Even though I've spent the price several times over collectively on other guns. On Contender barrels, and scopes. I just can't justify $800 for a "22" . Even knowing full well the machining, and work required to build one doesn't depend on chambering.

I will probably never own a Glock handgun or Harley Davidson motorcycle. I am reluctant to get anything the crowd insists on. I have many other gun brands and have had about every brand of motorcycle other than Harley.

Only in my dreams !!!

1) Luger Tangent model
2) Colt; Ned-Buntline
3) Original Sam & Jake Hawken.

Be Safe !!!

I kinda like shooting a Desert Eagle in .44 Magnum,,,
But I would never spend the money to buy one.

All it would ever be is a very expensive range toy.

Fortunately I have a friend who owns one,,,
He let's me shoot all the ammo through it that I want to buy.

Aarond

• Armat M41A Pulse Rifle
    I've wanted one of these ever since I was a kid, but unfortunately they're a work of Science Fiction, I'm doubt that anything like them will ever be made, and even if they were real, there's no way that I would be able to legally own one.
  • Thompson M1921AC Submachine Gun
    I have always wanted one of these, but unfortunately it's completely out of the question because I cannot legally obtain one, nor could I likely afford one even if the laws were changed.
  • Heckler & Koch USP45 Elite
    I would absolutely love to own one of these, but they're expensive, and based on what I've heard, they're no longer being imported into the United States.
  • Heckler & Koch VP70M
    Unfortunately, the VP70M is illegal because it's a machine pistol. I could get the semiautomatic VP70Z, but it's far less attractive to me.

Selecting a single one of the guns that I truly covet is impossible. I'm not sure how anyone can answer this question. Handed a thousand dollar gift card for a gun, I would put it in my dresser and never use it. I have about $250 worth of harbor freight cards that I havent used because I can't ever figure out what to do with them.

For years, I thought I wanted to own a gun of the S&W 39 series, but probably a 439 rather than a 39, and when I finally got a 539 (all-steel rather than alloy frame), I sold it after two range trips.
It was factory nickel, one of 1500 made, near mint, but the DA/SA trigger was such a tremendous turn-off, it had to go.
As a BBQ gun, it would have been worth it, but with the nickeled front sight and the awful trigger?

For one I'll actually never own, I'd say Bren Ten; really expensive, probably should never be fired, and really expensive.

Easy --a full auto Mauser "Broomhandle" - is at the top of my "love to have" list.

WWI vintage Luger is 2nd.

Plenty come to mind, but if I have to mention one, it’d be a vintage Korth revolver. Would love to have one, but I hate the price

a036fa99f5c8d864e87047ed6ce0a2ec.jpg

80ba85d558a324befcdb61f05c56a065.jpg

Last edited:
FrankenMauser At a local trap range one day reading the for sale list and a Wildey was for sale local . The Wildey a holster 50 rounds of ammo $450.00 .

Some times i just do not stop a think

Guns in that category (not all handguns either)

K32 S&W.
Ruger M96 44 magnum lever action.
S&W M58 41 mag like the ones I used when I was younger.
Remington M141 in 35 Rem caliber.
Ithica M37 Feather-light in 12 ga.
CZ 97 custom Single Action conversion.

Back