Which Handgun Designs Interest You The Most?

I have more (metal framed) hammer fired Smith & Wesson semi-automatic pistols than anything else and I enjoy them very, very much. Most of them are DA/SA designs and it's extremely rare that I ever take a long double-action first shot with any of them. For me, they just seem to intrigue me... I have 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generation pistols and I pretty much love all of them.

But my absolute passion in firearms are the slick five-inch full target Smith & Wesson Performance Center Limited pistols. The 952, the PPC-9, the 845, the 945. It took me 25+ years of handgunning before my wild, shocking discovery of the handguns that I absolutely love beyond all others -- past, present and future.

I also wholly consider the legendary Smith & Wesson Model 52 to be a Performance Center Limited pistol... just that it was conceived, designed, created, hand-crafted and shipped before the Performance Center ever existed. It is because of the Model 52 that the idea for the PC was even hatched.

I'm interested in all of the guns from late 19th Century and early 20th Century, as there really hasn't been much advancement in handgun design since, other than the weeding-out of designs that couldn't cut it.

Today, you get ten companies all making a similar gun, while 100 years ago, everyone was working on their own designs, and guns varied greatly from one maker to another.

I'm a fan of the 1911 and N-frame revolvers, until something better comes along.

I like the Phillips & Rogers Medusa. Chambers and shoots more that 20 different calibers of ammo without the use of moonclips or cylinder change.

Smith and wesson k and j frame revolvers are my absolute favorite. Although, lately im thinking i need to get into the 1911 game....

Back