Which folding knife?

A. G. Russell

My favorite website for knives (other than specific manufacturers) is A. G. (Andy) Russell at

http://www.agrussell.com

His catalogs are beautifully-made and his knives span the gamut from works of art to practical working knives. Plus, he is a real gentleman to work with.

Frosty
MOLON LABE

Benchmade AFCK in weak side pocket after much evaluation. Spyderco Endura serrated on TAC vest. CRKT Stiff Kiss in front of my Glock 19 on my Safariland drop holster. K-Bar on LBE. Hold a bunch of different knives before you lay cash out.

On the upper side of production, I like my Benchmade 730 ARES - nice spearpoint blade, good steel, excellent lock.

For a reasonable pocket knife - Columbia River is had to beat. I have the Point Guard, Tighe Tac, Carson M16-03Z, and a couple of Mirages, and a couple of their fixed blade neck-knives. Honestly, they are all excellent general purpose knives. Good locks all around, decent steel, excellent price. I would try Discount Knives (discountknives.com) or Bayou La Fourche KnifeWorks (knifeworks.com). Both have never let me down. Pretty much the best prices, too.

Sam

If I had to pick out of the knives you listed it would be the Endura........but if I were you I'd take a close look at the Benchmade AFCK.............IMHO just about the best production knife around :D (for general utility anyway).

I find that I like serrations over plain blades................especially if you plan on cutting any rope (although if you keep it razor sharp........plain blade works well too).

The knife I think you'd really like is a Spyderco Standard. It's about the same blade size and shape as the Delica, but it has a steel liner and G-10 scales. Much more durable than the FRN Delica. Same steel in the blade: ATS-55.

This model has been discontinued, but you can still find them around. Try eBay for pretty good deals on Spydercos.

I gave one of these to a friend back when Smoky Mountain Knife Works had them on closeout for $42. He loves it and carries it everywhere.

As for plain/serrated, get the plain. A well-sharpened plain edge will do everything a serrated can do. Also, if you ever want to sell the knife, plain edge will sell more quickly. You ever try to whittle with a serrated blade? It ain't pretty.

knife choice

i think the first thing you should do choose a good blade steel (A2,D2,ATS-34, AND SO ON) then find someplace that has them because only you can tell how it fits and feels in your hand, i have bought knives that were well made and look great but felt terrable in my hand so i don't use them.

Back