Which Firearms Would Elect to Keep?

1st I'm going to have to go out and buy me some guns.

High Powered Win 70 in 30.06 (Pre 64)
Small Caliber Ruger Mini 14
Revolver GP100
Pistol 1911A1
Shotgun Win Riot Gun

Come to think of it, maybe we are going about this all wrong.

This is the list of guns that we will tell them about? the list of guns we are keeping, officially? Let me try again:

H&R Bolt .22 rifle
Ruger M77 .25-06
Mossberg Bolt Action 12 gauge
Taurus PT-99
Ruger Speed Six

"Honest, sir, these are my favorite and best guns.. I sold all my Glocks, Remingtons, Benellis, Sigs, The Steyr, The Blaser, The Desert Eagle, The Smith & Wessons, The H&K, The Rugers, The Colts and all the other Good Guns at a gunshow, before we had mandatory checks on private sales.. sorry...."

------------------
-Essayons

HP Rifle - Springfield Armory M1A (preferably a tricked out one :))
LP Rifle - Ruger 10/22 (varmint-ized!)
Revolver - I hate to display my ignorance, but I'm not a revolver fanatic. I think it was the S&W Mountain Pistol I liked, in .44 Special(?)
Auto - Walther P99 with that funky laser!
Shotgun - Another weak area. I always like the look of the SPAS-12.

I vote with DC. California's policrits can all kiss my a#&*. I'm not giving anything up. And I'm saying it LOUD AND CLEAR right now!!!!

I'll keep all of mine and some of theirs.

------------------
To be or not to be-that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or to take arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing end them.

But for the record

-Accuracy International AWP in .300 Win Mag
-Ruger 10/22
-Colt Python 6" Barrel
-Les Baer SRP Commanche
-Remington 870 from Scattergun Tech

Hey, Mute, my NRA Guardian magazine that came yesterday did a write-up on the Scattergun Technologies Rem 870. It's awesome! Let me ask a couple of questions of you or anyone else who knows:

1. Do they have a website?
2. $690.00 if you give them a gun versus $815.00 if they supply it - the first figure seems pretty steep. Why so little credit for the shotgun - my 870 is in very good condition and I think it deserves more than $125.00 credit.
3. Isn't the length limit for normal subjects like me 16", not 18"?

Shoot, I don't really need all the guns I have, and that's the truth. Let me keep my Sig 229 and my bride's 230, and you can have the rest. Just as soon as every one is out of ammo.

Come and take it.

Larry P.

------------------
When the Mexican Army demanded the surrender of a cannon by the people of San Jacinto, the answer they got was "Come and take it!" Thus began the first battle of Texas' war of independence.

I would keep all of them, I would tell them I was keeping all of them and if they want them come find me. It is much better to take the fight to them than wait for them to come to you. I think ATF may be more concerned about protecting their own offices than grabbing guns if something like this ever happens.

Jeff,

The ATF won't even tell us where their branch offices are located. Try asking a NICS droid next time you're delayed.

Gee, you'd think they're afraid of us, or something.

------------------
"We are going to fight. We are going to be hurt.
But in the end, we will stand."
--Roland Deschain

"If a law were to pass by Congress that allowed you to have..."

OOOHHHH! Congress passed a law to buy me guns? Oh, boy! I'll take...

Large caliber: Barrett Light-Fifty Model 82 A-1 .50 BMG
Small caliber: Heckler & Koch PSG-1 7.62mm NATO (Hey, it's small compared to the .50!)
Revolver: GAU-8A Avenger 30mm (...it does revolve! Hmm...were to mount it?)
Pistol: Heckler & Koch Mk.23 SOCOM .45 ACP
Shotgun: Benelli M3 Super 90 12-gauge

Whadda ya mean "keep"? I'll a be keepin' them all's...

I know where the offices are in OKC, Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston. Let me know what city and I'll find out. The trick is to find out the agents names and addresses, that is tough.

I echo all the previous comments to the effect that I will not willingly give up ANY of my firearms!!!

But a short list?...

M1 Garand
10/22 Std version (I'll keep all the goodies packed away)
Ruger Redhawk
M1911A1 Colt Liteweight Commander
M37 Ithaca 12 ga.

All the others were dumped into the Quarry, honest!

[This message has been edited by Unkel Gilbey (edited June 25, 1999).]

Hey Futo,

Go to www.scattergun.com

That's their official website. I agree. $125 is pretty low, but then, if they can get it direct, it probably is much cheaper than what we'll see in the stores. A plain Jane 870 can probably be found for around a bit over $200.

Which ones would I want, or which ones, currently possessed, would I keep?

I have examples of all of these that I would be happy to have. My Glock 24 I love, love, love.

Dream list:

M1A HB "Scout" setup that SOF reviewed some months ago. MOA.

16" HB AR-selective, of course. Just because...if ammo came too, in 6mm PPC.

M-79. It's a shotgun...really.

Ruger .45LC

Glock 24 or the newer Practical/tactical 5.3 (is that what the bl is?) .40. If I were reloading, I would go for the 5" Kimber instead.

Back