which AR

Whom needs to get hooked-up?

The guy who builds you a custom or customized AR knows you will get known distance shooting, sighters & re-shoots. Don't exspect any of Bin Linden's friends to be so generous.

The demand for a stock Colt is higher, new or used, than AR clone custom anything. There are more uses for a stock Colt AR, hence more customers looking for one.

Customer builders can make a AR as reliable as a stock Colt, but not more reliable than a stock Colt. A custom AR that is as reliable as a stock Colt costs more than a stock Colt.

Since the majority of users cannot shoot up to the intrinsic accuracy of a stock Colt, especially in field use, the issue of accuracy isn't a big factor.

Hotdog1911,

With all respect, Colt's are decent guns. (despite the fact that when a hole is drilled out of spec on a lower....they just drill a bigger one).

But....in Highpower the Compass Lake and White Oak guns are some of the most respected rifles on the planet. They shoot very tight and they run all the time. And you can have one for about the same price as many Colts. You aren't talking about some frankengun hack. These guns are built to specs with expectations higher than any shelf rifle and the customers demand they run forever save for the occasional barrel change.

I just got my RRA AR-15 and I am suitabley impressed. Mine will also be used for three gun events and the like. I went with a mid-length A4 upper that gives me a longer sight-radius. I opted for a National Match front sight, a Badger tac-latch(extended controls are a must)and hogue grips. The hogues work well for me but try them on for yourself.

As for rear sights I went with the Dominator mount so that I can eventualy put an EOTech on top, but still shoot it in the meantime.

As you can see I am going the basic AR route and upgrading as income provides. To me it seemed the best route to follow in these dark times(I ordered mine the day after the election).

So far I have spent:
AR-15:$775
Dominator mount:$139
CAA stock saddle:$20
4X30 rnd mags:$72

There it is, just over a thousand bucks with about $400 to go for the EOTech. Then again, I might start putting on quad-rails and al kinds of do-hickeys.:D

You maybe on to something, Lycanthrope:

Compass Lake & White Oak maybe the most paper target feared rifle in High Power today. And when you refer to Colt as a decent rifle I suppose you mean it is the first choice of AR to those men that go to battle?

I hope to run into you on the range sometime.

Good Shooting.

Colts

I own several weapons from Colt, so I was not surprised of the price tag :eek: attached to their ars. I have also not purchased anything from Colt in years because of their business policies regarding gun rights. I know they make a good quality weapons but I probably would not purchase any Colts out of principal.

Back