which 357?

BShipley, the M28 does have adjustable sights. Check the thread about M28's (currently above this one) for the M27/M28 comparison.

Thanks. Somebody told me the M28 had fixed sights in addition to
plain finish for LE use.

Still think I want a M27, but I might end up w/ both.

B Shipley: My local dealer had a cherry 6" Model 27 in the case right now for $375. It looks like it came out of the box, but I didn't examine it closely outside the display case.

The Model 28 does have a matte finish with adjustable sights.

Thanks. Right now I'm just talkin' out my a--.

I'll probably be serious come spring. I'm looking for a 5" one, though.

I've searched the auction sites and about $450 looks like the going rate
for 98%ers.

B., referring back to your other thread, when you get to B'ham area, email me and we'll hook up at the club. I have 4" 28, a 6" 28 and an 8 3/8" 27 you can try out.

28's

Instead of a M27, I strongly encourage you to look at the 4" or 6" M28. Much cheaper, and easier to find in most cases.

A search of site's like Gunbroker and Gunsamerica, will show very nice 28's going for $250 to $300. The Highway Patrolman is a fine example of a 357 Smith.

I'm partial to Rugers myself.

With a fair amount of dry firing, the triggers smooth out. Granted, their action will never be as slick as a S&W, but they're good enough for anything I would need them for and they're rock-solid.

I own numerous Rugers and love them all (except for a recent SP101.....quality control problem).

It's not that I dislike S&W, but I've always felt that they (and Colt) were somewhat over-rated and over-priced. Once I started buying Rugers, I never looked back.

Buy whichever one seems to feel best in the hand and I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Back