Which 22 pistol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Ruger 22/45 Bull Barrel. I LOVE it!
I can put all of my shots into a 1" circle at 25 yrds from a rest; into a 3" circle at 25 yards when standing.

Keeping your weapon clean - no matter the make - should be priority #1 for any serious shooter.

My only complaint about the Ruger is that I have had the front sight snag a few times when drawing, but that's minor.

My wife got me a Buck Mark Camper a couple of months back for my birthday and I have put about 1,500 rnds through it without a single problem. It is a really great, accurate, and fun pistol. Every boy should have one! My only complaint is that I can't find a decent holster for it!

Anyway, my two cents, for what it's worth.

The Ruger target model is a sweet piece.

We picked up a couple S&W 317 (adjustable sight model) that we have fallen in love with. 11 oz, 8 shot .22LR Triggers are very nice & they shoot accurately with a variety of ammo. Have tried MiniMags to CBs.
Obviously, no feeding problems & everything goes bang.

The light weight isn't much of a problem especially if you use a rest. After carrying one around in the woods for the past 6-8 months, I still have to keep making sure that the darned thing is still in its holster. Absolute joy to carry!

BTW, when I first took mine to the range to do intial sight-in, all the bullets were key-holing at 7yds. After careful diagnosing, turned out the barrel wasn't rifled! S&W customer service said that was impossible due to their high quality control .... makes ya think.

Buy the Buckmark and be happy. I love mine. Nothing against the Rugers, they're good guns. But the Browning is much sweeter to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back