Which 22 Mag (wmr) rifle should I buy?

I bought my rifle. Ultimately, price was the biggest factor. I paid $200 for a stainless steel marlin with composite stock. It came with two inexpensive scopes (A BSA that I'm selling to a guy for $60 and a Bushnell that I mounted on the rifle). It also came with 7 boxes of 50 round Maxi Mag hollow points and one box of snake shot. I think I made out ok. I've mounted the scope and bore sighted it with a laser. Waiting to zero it.

Thanks!

I think a CZ is in my future.....not sure which caliber.

Good choice. I hate the Ruger American, due to the detachable mag release (too light).

Now you just need a wood stock for the Marlin.

I was going to recommend a long 24" bbl to keep it quieter...How long is the bbl on that Marlin?

Good deal, Nimrod. Let us know how it shoots.

I love mine.
More often than not, 'the 882SS' is my answer to "What's your favorite rifle?"

Oh. I guess safety lever direction is a factor in purchase decisions for some people. Another semantic if you ask me and not something I care to pay extra for. I don't even pay attention to direct. Red means fire and that's what I look for on a safety.
I prefer a safety that I don't have to look at to operate properly.

Every other bolt action rifle that I own is forward for fire and back for safe (plus 'safe and locked' for the better specimens).

Going to something that's bass-ackwards is just asking for trouble or a missed opportunity on the coyote that's been attacking my chickens.

Generally, I know exactly what's in my hands, just by feel. But in the heat of the moment, running out to plug a coyote right in the gizzard before he gets away... I may not remember the backwards safety.

And, there are always the 'what-ifs' about less-experienced shooters taking the safety off when they mean for it to be on ... and the unfortunate events that could follow (generally including many more unsafe acts, but having a safety that operates in the 'typical' direction is one step toward prevention).

For me, it's not just a consideration, but an important consideration.

Unfortunately, that means that I own no CZ rifles, even though I do really like much of what they offer.

I do not have any personal experience with any other kind of brand so my opinion is only for the CZ. I purchased the full stock which is the manlicher, and for a 22 magnum I thought it was pretty accurate and awesome. I was only able to shoot 1.6 " moa 5 shot groups at 100 yds. I'm sure I can do better once I mount a scope on the rifle. I was shooting hornady defense ammo, and maxi mags by CCI.

I had a CZ semi auto in 22 magnum. It was beautiful but accuracy was mediocre. I don't have it anymore. Why would I?

Similar experience here.... I once had a Marlin 922M in .22mag that had disappointing accuracy - not like the Marlin turnbolt rimfires. It's harder to make a .22 mag accurate than a .17 HMR, so go CZ or higher if possible on .22 mag.

Back