Where would YOU hunt?

canada

come on up to canada, more specifically saskatchewan we are of course the home of the worlds largest white tail deer thats right the hanson buck (gotta brag a little i only live about an hour from hansons home town) i shot a 5X5 and saw a 6X6 this year too. we have huuuuge mule deer i saw three 6X6 big boys this year and we also have lots of elk, moose, bear and migratory birds. gotta love the .30-06 with a 3-9X40 for almost any of these you just cant go wrong. the exchange on the loonie might be pretty appealing too

if you want to hunt for some other kind of trophies id agree with doerdie

Where & what to hunt

I guess first on my list would be Bobcat out west with a 223 or 243. I may even get that done next year. Second would be Feral Hog in Louisians or Texas. Have to research places and available lands. I don't know if Hog hunting is available or plentiful enough in KY, TN which would be closer to home. Oh yeah, 7.62X54R, 30/06 or 44 Mag. rifle unless I used it as an excuse to get a 30-30.

I would stay right where I am, in north Idaho. We have everything but pigs and caribu (the moose are pretty rare, though).

BTW, beenthere, you don't hunt bobcats with a 243. 22LR is the way to go. Out here, a really good pelt will go for $400+ :D. But it can't have more than a small hole in, and a small hole out.

I'd go to every state and partake in what ever it is they hunt fron mice to bear. I have always wanted to get a REALLY BIG BEAR..........and maybe a moose. as for the bear I would my grandpaws win pre 64 .375 he took to africa..

Back