Where would YOU hunt?

capitan-d

If you could take a trip anywhere in the US (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) to hunt where would you go and what would you hunt? My dad offered to take me on a hunting trip to the destination of my choice. Lookin for options.

thanks
devin

Miami Beach or Ft. Lauderdale always produced for me, Daytona is great during spring break! I used a concoction called a "Sea Breeze" Stop by and pick me up on yer way and I show you the best spots for, uh......you are looking for women :confused: ? Ohhhh...then try PA mountains for nice whitetails (not as cute as the Florida white tail :cool: ).

Alberta whitetails are awesome...my "cousin in law" gets to hunt there...he has the antlers to prove it...dress warmly though...it was 2 or 3 degrees there during the day last year :eek: ...this makes for a very cold am hunt...makes me shiver just to think of it...given a chance though (just money I know) I will take it... :)

Oh, I forgot the weapon of choice...for me it is Brownings stainless stalker in 30-06...Leupold VariXIII 3.5X10X50. It fits, shoots and is easy to carry. If bears are in the area, I might opt for the .338 WM in the same rifle...
I like Federal premium 165 Trophy bonded bullets in the '06, and Federal premium 250 grain High energy TB bullets in the .338....

for me, id love to go hunting knowing what im going to shoot has a small chance of eating me for dinner. i dunno. bear, wild boar...something of that sort. im looking for 70* and sunny :) keep em commin guys!

devin

I'd probably head down to Stuttgart, Arkansas and get me some big Mallards.

Or out into the plains of the Dakotas for some Snow Geese.

My weapons would probably be my 870 Express, as it will kill ducks as dead as any other 12ga.

Florida.

Southwest Florida wild hogs with my 8mm Mauser. Lots of fun, usually exciting, and some farmers get their tomatoes so torn up that they will PAY YOU to do it :D
After that maybe Brown Bear in the Pac. NW with my S&W .44 mag.

guess i'm weird......but I always wanted to go out to SD and go prairie dog Plinking and bag some Coyotes

I'm a big fan of varmint hunting because you get more trigger time along with the fact that you're doing the ranchers out there a favor by taking care of the pest.

bear, wild boar...something of that sort. im looking for 70* and sunny
If you're willing to substitute large African exotics for the bears, you just pretty much described about half of the Texas game ranches...

Maybe Maine

And try for a Moose, if not that, Kansas, So. Ill. and Iowa would be my top 3 whitetail trips maybe you'll get a mulie in Kansas too

Last edited:
6mm rememgtion Massive scope

Some where any where out west, where there are large heards of peary dogs.
Or ground hogs early spring when there eating little soybeans plants.
In Indiana when we hunt earthen piggeys and you hit one with somthing like a 6mm rem, its called "MAKING GREEN CLOUDS"

I would hunt in alaska for, deer, moose, bear, caribou, buffalo, lynx, sheep, rabbit, geese, mallards, grouse pretty much what ever my heart desires for the season. I personally thing the 338 is a good allround gun ranging from 180 grain to 275 grain for big game or a mossberg 500 for fowl.

First up would be a New Mexico private land trophy elk hunt, archery tackle.

Second choice would be a Canadian duck and goose hunt, my 3.5" SuperX2 would be primary gun.

2 places I loved to hunt...

Wyoming, Medicine Bow National Forest - Mule Deer - with my 270 (score 4x4)
Montana, Custer National Forest - Speed Goats (Antalope) also used 270 (man them goats make a great stew) I will give up the recipe if you want it....

both were camping type hunts... we saved some coin by doing it ourselves as much as we could. Had a great time and success to boot....

The Rifle was a Remington ADL with a 3x9x40 scope.... I think I used 130g Core Lokt SP's ?

Have fun whatever you pick..... Rojoe67 :D

Back