Where to move in AZ

Tucson is actually even nicer than Phoenix for desert living, IMHO. However, it is decidedly more liberal as well, with all of those attendant gun law problems. OTOH, in comparison with California, Tucson is a firearms owner's dream. Phoenix is a very large city now, more so in size / breadth than population. It has indeed become somewhat like LA. Sigh.

I never thought I'd be encouraging folks to come to AZ (too much growth already, in my book), but we could always use more 'right-thinkin' Americans', if you know what I mean. ;)

FromIvan88836-23-99 448PMEDT I dont know if this should be said on this thread,but Jim Cederstrum who has a very successful shortwave show called Financial Survival in the Nineties onWWCR RADIO,moved from the Prescott area last year. He had lived there for years,but moved his entire operations to Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. He is a very successful gold and silver dealer and a great patriot to boot. He feels that even Prescott will not be a good area to be in during probable big problems caused by Y2k. From what Ihave heard,your best bet in Arizona is a far more isolated area in Arizona. A friend of mine retired and moved to Prescott and now is planning to move back east. But , I dont know why he is leaving Arizona. Cederstrum is very specific why he left Prescott. But, if a person does not believe Y2K will be a problem, then it does not matter where he or she lives. Ivan8883

Blitzkrieg:

Over here in Kingman (NW area of AZ), it's hot but not too hot, there are some piney mountains about a half-hour away, and Vegas is two hours away. But most people don't make much money here.

Like some other posts, I'd usually be the last to encourage another Kalifornian to come over, but I'm sure you'd counterbalance several "bad" Kalifornians. E-mail me if you have any particular questions or if you get over this way - I'll give you the personal tour.

NO More room for Kalifornicater refugees
Yakee go home!
Being a transplant for the wet coast about 18 years ago makes me say this. About two years ago I could pee out the back door of the garage, not anymore. I'd stay away from Prescott Valley pop. as doubled in the last few years.
Keep Arizona Green (bring $$$$) and MYOB when you get here.

------------------
Naturally, when one is intensely interested in a certain cause, the tendency is to associate particularly with those who take the same view. THEODORE ROOSEVELT “1899”

Back