Where to buy a Lee Enfield?

I've heard of no military arms that can't handle modern factory loads for real, just rumors about Arisakas. The later Arisakas are still shootable, they're just not pretty. People mistake them for the slew of "pressure test" models that should never be shot.

Simpson LTD's got some nice Enfields, actually, and I greatly enjoy doing business with them.
http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_info.php?products_id=9396&osCsid=54eb1ed05042a176b3032e2387914471
http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_info.php?products_id=13658&osCsid=54eb1ed05042a176b3032e2387914471

Those two have caught my eye from them.

SOG's got a few, cheaper, as well, I believe.

I wanna say J&G's got them, too, but I'm not sure.

They're easily available. Cheaper than a Springfield, more expensive than an Arisaka and you can get about 4 Mosins for the price of an Enfield.... but, you gotta work out the ammo cost, too. Plus how much you like the gun itself.

With new Prvi Partizan ammo, the price is about the same as for corrosive surplus which re-entered the market again, a few months ago.

You probably realize that gun prices people paid 'over the last ten years' often are meaningless compared to prices today.

I ordered two Enfields from Classic Arms and was rather disappointed in their condition. They were advertised as good to very good but I would rate them fair at best. Both barrels swallowed a bullet and had pitting inside the barrel and out. I would keep checking the forums.

Why you don't shoot low numbered Springfields

There was a glitch when the low-numbered models were made and the receivers were not properly hardened. They can burst. It's about that simple, without technical jargon, which you used to be able to find pretty easy on the CMP site or surplusrifleforum.com.

The Doc is out now. :cool:

Up in New Hampshire, a Canadian guy sells many, many Lee-Enfields etc at "joesalter.com".
The prices are pretty high, and my first Jungle Carbine came from there. A guy near NH told me that his wife hates me. Some hate is for a good reason:D.

My second came from the Memphis gun show a year ago ($350), very similar condition and cost $125 less, plus, it had no shipping or FFL fees. And it is the only LE #5 at fifteen gun shows in this area, which has not been 'chopped down':( or otherwise ruined/screwed up.

A variety of #4s appear on several website 'WTT boards', and often are described as having very good-excellent bores. Most list for about $250-300.
Also try 'Gunandgame', 'Surplusrifle', 'Gunboards,' Milsurps and 'Parallax--'.

Last edited:
Back