Where Is a moving target range?

A low tech method I use at my shooting academy.
Make a wagon, put a long rope on it, mount a target on it, get a buddy (standing behind the shooter) to pull the rope. You can have a charging target for handgun or carbine practice. You can also use the same set up for target running across down range by hammering a post in the ground attaching a "D" ring running the rope through it (long rope). Get the puller to stand behind the shooter and pull, The target will run across the field in front of the shooter. Lots of fun and good training. The speed is regulated by the puller and can vary depending on the attitude of the puller. www.vttac.com

But I really am going to try the remote control 4x4 with the balloons. I like that idea.

The close range targets are too shot up to "kill".

The Army is too cheap to replace them. The bullet has to "bridge" across a couple of layers of screen wire. If there is a big hole in the center of the target, and your bullet passes thru that hole, the target will not register your shot as a "hit".

I like the wagon idea

But I really am going to try the remote control 4x4 with the balloons. I like that idea.

I can not take credit for it. "plug for guns, swat, training, and History Channel"

On the history channel they had a show about the development of swat and police training etc. The went from high tech (areas with big budgets) to low tech (smaller budgets) It was a rural county sherrifs department they highlighted, that recognized the need for training, but they had minimal money, so a couple of the deputies came up with the remote 4x4. I thought the idea was great, they showed a couple of them practicing on the helium balloons, yellow=GG red=BG. Just the slightest breez made a difference on the balloons, their direction etc. Just some good old american boys and girls gittin it done.

Back