Where have all the Ruger .22 revolvers gone.?

The younger generation, just don’t have the deposable income for multiple handguns, so that range gun doubles as hd/sd gun

It is my belief that Ruger Single-6 and the Bearcat are losing sales to the Roughrider Heritage series. It's a matter of price.

bamaranger might be correct here.

I asked the Evil Pawn Shop Guy about this,,,
He said it costs him too much money to stock Ruger .22 revolvers.

He can stock three or four Heritage revolvers for the price of one Ruger.

He did say that he can and does order anything a customer would want,,,
He's never had any problem locating any Ruger handgun.

Aarond

Weird. My LGS has more .22 Ruger SA revolvers than in .357 or .45. Same thing with Uberti Colt Army clones. They don't have any of those in .357 or .45, but at least 6 in .22.

But my LGS doesn't stock Roughrider guns as far as I know, so that might explain it.

Pretty much everyone has at least one in stock around here(NY) with the ability to get whatever you want in a few days. Asking price is about $500. Trying to find a used one is tougher with asking prices close to new ones even on gunbroker. My biggest problem is going with either a 5.5 or 6.5 in barrel. I like both of them and they both balance well. I guess that extra inch will give you more velocity and a certain degree of better accuracy. My intended purpose is strictly as a range gun(I don't hunt and live 30 miles outside of NYC so no worries about snakes etc LOL) I'm in no rush. I have gone to town on gun purchasing lately and need to calm down.

Quite a few of them are in my safe. Plastic has definitely put a dampener on revolver sales but revolvers will be around when the plastic stuff is log gone

Back